Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Worst Build Ever... Jetta

View Poll Results: What do do with her...
Keep her 11 15.49%
Sell her 39 54.93%
3/4 cam, turbo, awd conversion, cage, new adjustable coilovers, etc 27 38.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen tri star wheels in a long time. Lol. Those were so hot back in the day. Wtf were people thinking?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #22
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo13zx3 View Post
vwvortex.com
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...-amp-Jetta-III

yep, I understand the vwvortex thing, thats why I am on tacomaworld.

Most used phrase there "MOAR LOWER"

Most used phrase here "Plasti-Derp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I haven't seen tri star wheels in a long time. Lol. Those were so hot back in the day. Wtf were people thinking?
I like em! for a 14 inch rim they are kinda cool. But agree for anything bigger!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #23
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...-amp-Jetta-III

yep, I understand the vwvotex thing, thats why I am on tacomaworld.

!
There really isn't any forum like tacomaworld.no one has the traffic like here. I'm a member on tlplanet.com duallyscene.com and fjcruiserforums.com and all have almost zero traffic.it sucks bad
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
NO
Let me guess...Because it isn't a Toyota?

Quote:
Nothing mechanically, just front wheel drive in Alaska... And I love to 4wd and be self reliant, (I get stuck a lot at my job, a little ski resort.
I hear front drive is better than rear drive in the snow.

Quote:
Trade?
Nin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Actually a great choice...We just bought the SEL model...traded in a 2009 TDI...Thinking about going back to the TDI in the last month or so.
Just cant beat the construction, quality or the saftey.
The VW (underground if you will) family is as big or bigger thanToyota.
They are def special vehicles and very customizable. We just miss the TDI fuel mileage
I was actually thinking about a new Golf R but it isn't exactly fuel efficient when compared to other vehicles. I was browsing around this weekend. The dealer I went to had a bunch of GTIs and Golf TDIs.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
2.0 256 HP - when you do buy it you willl never drive another car. Your almost there.....
If I get it. I only owe 15 on my truck so I'm not sure if I want to start all over again.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

I hear front drive is better than rear drive in the snow.
Tis, but not engaged with 4X4
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
my old car before the taco

Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #28
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzyB View Post
my old car before the taco

Oooh, a clean, nice, and dropped version of my car (but with a sun roof!)...
<-- root beer
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
kfgk14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Killian
kfgk14's Tacoma Gallery
What to do....
Know anyone with access to a lot of class 3/NFA stuff?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #30
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
arround here all the snotty college girls drive jettas...my sister had a late 90's passat that was a pile of garbage...not a fan....hence my sig quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfgk14 View Post
What to do....
Know anyone with access to a lot of class 3/NFA stuff?

It isn't bad enough to not sell for $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARAHOLIC View Post
arround here all the snotty college girls drive jettas...my sister had a late 90's passat that was a pile of garbage...not a fan....hence my sig quote
Yep, it actually was a girls car, (I got it from a repair shop as a loaner vehicle) when I opened up the dash and found 12 pony tail rubber band things in it. Thankfully no glitter or other junk, (except over a dollar in change in the backseat! lol)

and

http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2007/11/top-10-gay-cars/

but I think it is the best looking Jetta (still boxy and masculine--I mean it is in the Fast and the Furious)
Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I had a '92 GTI and a '99 Jetta before getting my truck. They both did pretty good in snow. Especially with snow tires. I wish I could have the Jetta and my Taco.

I made both of these earn it!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #33
Banned
See. Many people have owned VWs.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #35
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
See. Many people have owned VWs.
I never said they didn't...

I do like the Jetta but would a lot more if I lived in Southern Utah again or a place with a lot less snow... but 30+ highway mpgs are nice
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #36
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's wrong with it? I would drive one.
He lives in Alaska... he can only use 2WD for about 2 weeks
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #37
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
He lives in Alaska... he can only use 2WD for about 2 weeks
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
My gfs Jetta has a new problem every day. It is a fun turd to drive around town, absolutly miserable to drive long distances
I don't mind cruising in it since I upgraded the sound, lighting, and iPod has 26 days of music on it, and 30+ mpgs.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #38
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
road noise on the gfs 2000 is more than my truck with mt's and glasspack exhaust.
mk4, mines the last of the Mk3

That sucks though, I have studs and they are loud but I got used to that being an Alaskan!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
idk the only goodthing about it is the gas mileage. in the last year the damn thing has:
blew up a water pump, eaten a 3 year old battery, and right now the actuator that releases the trunk is jammed so the trunk is stuck shut. not to mention the shitty headlights and the fricken gutless 2.0. maybe the older ones are built better but that thing has had a lot of problems. I think im going to HID projector her lights this summer but we will see.
sell and get a Corolla or the FR-S when it comes out, 3 year battery life isn't unheard of up here, my power locks have long since broken/been disabled by me, as well as my alarm, but my water pump and trunk release still work!
I doubt I will buy another fwd car again.

how many miles? mine just hit 130k and had the tranny swapped at ~115k and new clutch at same time.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #40
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
102k. oh and i forgot the engine is leaking oil we found out yesterday.
same, can't figure from where though, not a lot but still.