Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Worst Build Ever... Jetta

View Poll Results: What do do with her...
Keep her 11 15.49%
Sell her 39 54.93%
3/4 cam, turbo, awd conversion, cage, new adjustable coilovers, etc 27 38.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #41
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
My gfs Jetta has a new problem every day. It is a fun turd to drive around town, absolutly miserable to drive long distances
Every VW I have come into contact with has been just like this... , and a couple were owned by some friends and family that knew how to work on cars, or were mechanics, and they still couldn't fix the VW issues. My experience, and opinion, not fact; since VW is one of the largest, and may soon be the largest auto manufacture, but I would sell it. But I am very very jaded towards VW in general, same way I am jaded against Ford and Saturn.

Just my .02
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #42
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my Jetta(s). Sold one, traded one, totaled one. My favorite was a '93 with a 16v DOHC and tricked out 5 spd. Thats the one I sold. The one I wrecked did 3 full rolls, one end over end and one cartwheel (all in the same wreck) roof was like this / / but worse. Put 2 spare tires on it, rolled it back onto its wheels and drove it home. The handled great in the snow, not so great going 80 and doing an extreme turn to keep from hitting someone (pedestian walking in the street). No pics unfortunately.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
I miss my Jetta(s). Sold one, traded one, totaled one. My favorite was a '93 with a 16v DOHC and tricked out 5 spd. Thats the one I sold. The one I wrecked did 3 full rolls, one end over end and one cartwheel (all in the same wreck) roof was like this / / but worse. Put 2 spare tires on it, rolled it back onto its wheels and drove it home. The handled great in the snow, not so great going 80 and doing an extreme turn to keep from hitting someone (pedestian walking in the street). No pics unfortunately.
I would like to have a 16V, right now I am running front studs and unstudded rear so I drift pretty good, but wow hope I don't do that!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #44
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
UPDATE!

Totaled as of 3/21/12

On the way to the college library I got rear ended by a 95 Ford Explorer... Ouch, I would guess he was going 20-25 mph (VW tech who owns an Explorer agreed FWIW)

And the Explorer...

Drivers rear door got squeezed so I am certain it is totalled... Kinda sad

Unibody Jetta-0 Ford Explorer-1
Old 03-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #45
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
That'll buff out.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #46
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
That'll buff out.
It actually will.

Just take a sledge to the door jam so the door works again and drive it...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #47
Be back Summer of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
That'll buff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Time to start shopping for a taco
To park for 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
It actually will.

Just take a sledge to the door jam so the door works again and drive it...
The door works now, just slam it and sledge hammering will commence if I keep it but after I get a check from insurance.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #48
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post

To park for 2 years?

The door works now, just slam it and sledge hammering will commence if I keep it but after I get a check from insurance.
cool, definitely check over the "frame" for major damage that might affect handling. Also check suspension but if it's all cosmetic I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #49
Be back Summer of 2014
Quote:
cool, definitely check over the "frame" for major damage that might affect handling. Also check suspension but if it's all cosmetic I wouldn't worry about it.
All cosmetic
Old 03-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #50
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
All cosmetic
psh rattlecan the entire thing flat black and throw some mad max bumpers on there haha.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #51
Be back Summer of 2014
Quote:
psh rattlecan the entire thing flat black and throw some mad max bumpers on there haha.
Where IS that photoshop request thread
Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #52
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any crash comparisons between a Tacoma and a Jetta? You since dad knows best, Jettas are apparently safer.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #53
Be back Summer of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
Is there any crash comparisons between a Tacoma and a Jetta? You since dad knows best, Jettas are apparently safer.
haha well insurance is buying her tomorrow for A LOT more than I paid for her so it was worth it (leaving in under 2 months for 2 years for the Philippines)