Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Worst Build Ever... Jetta

View Poll Results: What do do with her...
Keep her 11 15.49%
Sell her 39 54.93%
3/4 cam, turbo, awd conversion, cage, new adjustable coilovers, etc 27 38.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Worst Build Ever... Jetta

Well here she is. Mainly pointless, maybe a couple laughs when I am done..

EDIT: TOTALED as of 3/21/12, Insurance is buying her

Got it like this, pic at grandparents

Change oil, K&N air filter, oil filter, vacuum, etc. Got it for under half of KBB value.

Later on

Flexing Pics, parked in my driveway... Did not know it was flexed out until this morning (still has swaybar on and rear suspension is a trailing beam so it sucks for articulation)

Then did the first "mod" took off mud flap on passenger side, new radio and speakers, then dented the oil pan (pics to follow)

Once I opened up the oil pan

And Another Alaskan commute
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Flexing Pics!

Story as to why I had to get this
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
fail
Dad informed me a front wheel drive is safer than a 4wd truck and threatened to take my college money away... Could any one explain how a fwd small sedan is safer than a truck?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Def pointless...there are no pics
Thought I would have a few minutes to edit it! lol
Old 02-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What's wrong with it? I would drive one.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
My wife and I of 25 years have never not owned a Jetta - and several other VWs
I'm thinking about trading in my Taco for a VW now.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
A turboed fwd car is fun until you turn and floor it.

Tray drifting FTWWWWWW
Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Quote:
Yes...im quoting myself....Im even more confused with pictures, sir, are you on the right sight?
lol yep, vision checks. Want to buy a Tacoma, but now I will have to keep it for 2.5 months to drive to UAA then sell it before I go to the Philippines. Buying a Taco when I get back. Only reason I bought was dad threatened to take all my money away if I bought a truck...
Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
Reserved--

Story as to why I had to get this

Dad informed me a front wheel drive is safer than a 4wd truck and threatened to take my college money away... Could any one explain how a fwd small sedan is safer than a truck?
is your dad drunk?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
NO
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
Quote:
What's wrong with it? I would drive one.
Nothing mechanically, just front wheel drive in Alaska... And I love to 4wd and be self reliant, (I get stuck a lot at my job, a little ski resort.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
is your dad drunk?
I KNOW RIGHT! He might be bipolar but no drinking...
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
Quote:
Trade?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
A turboed fwd car is fun until you turn and floor it.

Tray drifting FTWWWWWW
lol yeah, don't need the turbo when you drive on ice and powder... I swear the e-brake gets her turning better...
Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
Quote:
I live in Idaho and have driven our VW's all through the snow and ice...in fact I will grab the keys to the VW before the Tacoma all day long being a front wheel drive in adverse weather
Hills, snow, ice, (they don't salt roads here, lucky if plowed or graveled) for 5 months here, just not my thing. I fit in the driver's seat only, head hits in the passenger seat... 6'4" I just want a truck, don't mess with my excuses.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
Quote:
He is referring to the front wheel drive, i would assume. I also would agree with this from a physics standpoint. I would rather my vehicle pull than push (the meaning of force) in certain circumstances.
We leave vehicles in 4wd from mid Oct. thru mid March...
Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #19
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
vwvortex.com