Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Jerretxx: Something out of nothing, my 84 build

Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Jerretxx: Something out of nothing, my 84 build

Specs:
1984 toyota pickup, 4x4, needs a lot of TLC

Current mods:
Webber Carburetor
3" rough country Suspension (all Leafs)
trail-gear 26" SS brake lines
33x12.50x15 Goodyear duratrac
15x8 black steelies
6" trail-gear shackles (gives 2" of lift)
Repainted gloss white
Half doors cut out of factory doors
custom flat bed (Thanks to D.A. Moore)
2WD front fenders
Power steering and hi-steer are in the works

Future Mods:
Spartan locker (front)
4.70 Transfer case gears

Price List:
1984 toyota pickup $1200
Webber 22R Carb $255.00
1984 2WD front fenders from Halls Body Shop $86.00
1987 Toyota 4runner doors $0.00
Custom half doors $6.00 <Had to buy bondo
3" Rough country lift $480.00
Mechanical Coolant Gauge $20.00
Complete tune-up $54.00
1993 toyota bench seat $20.00
Trail-Gear Stainless Steel Brake lines $60.00
all materials needed for paint job $124.00
33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratrac (used) $200.00
15x8 Steelies $200.00
5.29 gears F&R $280.00
5.29 gears sold (ajohnson) $280
Scrapping toyota bed and other misc parts $42.00
IFS Steering box with lines $75.00
All power steering parts $0.00
2" aluminum blocks $10.00
6" Trail-Gear Shackles $150.00
Custom Flat bed $0.00
Tool box from tractor supply $25.00
LED Tail lights $40.00

Total Investment: $3005.00

Current view:

The first long night of turning wrenches:

Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Webber install

Webber install went very smooth..... I ordered it from Webberdirect.com very professional, and customer service was great!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
awesome, another guy with a second gen 4wd pickup rebuild on here
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
awesome, another guy with a second gen 4wd pickup rebuild on here
im hoping it will turn out like i want... ive got a lot of work a head of me, and not a lot of time
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Some do, others talk

tearing it apart

^The removed parts, PM if you want any of it....(its mostly scrap)
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
Some do, others talk

lift is on order! will post pics once i get it installed.... also made a deal with alove0750 so i will be getting a set of 33x12.50 duratracs soon
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
What do you have in mind with the lift? Ive been thinking of making my own leafpacks to raise it just a bit on my 84.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
What do you have in mind with the lift? Ive been thinking of making my own leafpacks to raise it just a bit on my 84.
i am going with the 3" rough country leafs. They just came in yesterday, so hopefully i will get them installed this weekend
Old 03-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
the ole P.O.H.

coming along nicely bud. when do you want to tackle the lift?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Some do, others talk

lift came in wednesday! Going to put it on this weekend. Also ordered 26" SS brake lines should be here in a few days!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
i am going with the 3" rough country leafs. They just came in yesterday, so hopefully i will get them installed this weekend
Did you buy just he leafs? ive been looking to see if i can buy just the leafs and use bilstein shocks.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Did you get your lift put on yet?
still working on it, I got the front put on perfectly, but I have had some problems with the rear. I got the rear leafs mounted up tonight, and i just need to put the ubolts on the axles and it will be finished. Hard to find time with work and school all the time but I hope to have it together tomorrow

Quote:
Did you buy just he leafs? ive been looking to see if i can buy just the leafs and use bilstein shocks.
No, I also got their shocks. But I did do Leafs front and rear, no blocks or AAL
Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Some do, others talk

forgot to mention, put new 4runner doors on. Ill be taking my old doors and making half doors...... So many small projects so little time
Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
Some do, others talk

3" rough country

Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet deal man! do you have to change anything else for the rough country lift? brake lines, shackles, pit man arm?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Sweet deal man! do you have to change anything else for the rough country lift? brake lines, shackles, pit man arm?
you do not have to, i would suggest changing the brake lines though, they are pretty tight when you flex