Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

GoufCustom's 1990 NA Miata Refurb Build

Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #21
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Also got it aligned, and have been driving it a bit, no more clunk, and the ride is so much better, I have never done bushings before, and didn't think they would make as big of a difference as they have.

Next is to change the alternator and power steering belts, I also have the a new timing belt and water pump kit, and I also plan to replace the radiator, the stock one was a bit nasty. Figure for $90 it will be better to replace it than wait for it to go and cause more problems. I did a radiator flush but I think it needs more. Also replaced the hoses.

Also need to work on fixing the hood from flapping when driving, need new bump stops.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #24
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Michael! Love the bronze 16s
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Man I can tell you are having a great time with this car. I know I did on my Celica. My latest mod was and aftermarket head unit and replacement Kicker speakers all the way around. That was a few months ago. I would love to replace all my bushing's with Urethane ones and also replace my struts all the way around. Unfortunately I have had to cut back on all of my spending so there will be no new upgrades in the near future.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #26
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Looking good Michael! Love the bronze 16s
Yeah, they are growing on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Man I can tell you are having a great time with this car. I know I did on my Celica. My latest mod was and aftermarket head unit and replacement Kicker speakers all the way around. That was a few months ago. I would love to replace all my bushing's with Urethane ones and also replace my struts all the way around. Unfortunately I have had to cut back on all of my spending so there will be no new upgrades in the near future.
Yeah, the bushing kit isnt too pricey, atleast for the Miata it wasnt, cost me about $195, and it was worth every penny of it, best mod so far. It is a fun little car, and I am getting to learn a lot about cars and I dont have to rip my DD apart to do it.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice little project car! it looks good with the bronze wheels. props for doing all the work yourself too.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
7.62x63mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
nice little project car! it looks good with the bronze wheels. props for doing all the work yourself too.
Thanks, I am going to do the timing belt, water pump and radiator in about a month, not sure how much I am looking forward to that job, but it needs to get done and all of that will cost me $200 rather than the $1500 that a dealership or shop would charge.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #29
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Thanks, I am going to do the timing belt, water pump and radiator in about a month, not sure how much I am looking forward to that job, but it needs to get done and all of that will cost me $200 rather than the $1500 that a dealership or shop would charge.
yeah thats definitely worth it...i would love to do all the work on my own truck but it just doesnt work out especially now that I am in an apartment.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #30
Cadex is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Cadex's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice.

MY parents have a 1990 Miata and they sunk a bunch of money into refurbishing it. They are the original owners of it and it came out awesome. MY dad had a cool air intake installed, racing suspension, new headers, fresh paint, new top, rims and tires and a ton of other stuff under the car. The next thing to be done is to recover the seats. The only thing that he has not had done is a new stereo (the speakers were replaced about 15 years ago by me).

They are in the local Miata club here in Arkansas and travel up and down the Ozarks every other weekend.

Have fun and enjoy. It is great car.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #31
7.62x63mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
yeah thats definitely worth it...i would love to do all the work on my own truck but it just doesnt work out especially now that I am in an apartment.
Yeah, I am in a townhouse with a small single garage, my SB Tacoma doesnt even come close to fitting... Things can be hard but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
Very nice.

MY parents have a 1990 Miata and they sunk a bunch of money into refurbishing it. They are the original owners of it and it came out awesome. MY dad had a cool air intake installed, racing suspension, new headers, fresh paint, new top, rims and tires and a ton of other stuff under the car. The next thing to be done is to recover the seats. The only thing that he has not had done is a new stereo (the speakers were replaced about 15 years ago by me).

They are in the local Miata club here in Arkansas and travel up and down the Ozarks every other weekend.

Have fun and enjoy. It is great car.
Nice, my wife is limiting from getting coil overs and a roll bar right now, and mine needs paint badly, might paint it soon, in the garage, likely wont be that great, but it will be better than it is now.

I am trying to get into doing soft tops for people, I have done 2 now, and both came out great, and figure the extra money could go to adding more stuff to mine.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #33
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't found them yet, you should check out Miata.net. Good group of very knowledgable people.

I'm Good2BPickle over there.

I've got a 94' A Package, also in classic red... Pretty much stock.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #34
7.62x63mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPickle View Post
If you haven't found them yet, you should check out Miata.net. Good group of very knowledgable people.

I'm Good2BPickle over there.

I've got a 94' A Package, also in classic red... Pretty much stock.
I go over there, I am GoufCustom over there as well. I try to stay away because I just find things I think I need, but dont have money for... Not much different from here.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #38
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
I recently did the Flyin' Miata Clutch Happy Meal and couldn't be happier with it. The lighter flywheel makes it so much more fun and the shifts quicker since it doesn't take as long to rev down. Referring to an earlier post, the roll bar shouldn't take too much convincing, it's a safety thing.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #40
7.62x63mm

Transmission is out, and the new clutch is here!

Now time for a new water pump, belts and a new timing belt with seals everywhere!

I have a 1990, so my 1.6L has the dreaded SHORT NOSE CRANK, was very nervous taking it apart, but I have no damage to my crank nose, it is in near perfect condition. Now to get the water pump off and clean up the front of the engine before I put it all back together.