Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2001 Jetta VR6 Resurrection Build

Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Jetta VR6 Resurrection Build

I just picked up a VR6 the other day with a what i think might be a "blown" engine. The guy rolled up to our yard today and i offered him $500 for it! The engine has 220,000 kms on it and the guys says his son bought it with a bad timing chain and ran into the ground and may have overheated it. This is as much as i know. He was almost TOO happy to get rid of it. Hopefully i dont regret this...

Anyways, i thought i would post up a build so i could get some input on the engine swap i will be doing over the summer. I got it to turn over yesterday but it doesnt start. The engine isnt seized thats a good start i guess. The wreckers want $1500 for an engine but im going to start tearing it apart and try to save some money.

Here's the car:

Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So today i hooked it up to an OBD scanner and it read two codes:

P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or single sensor)
P0343 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit High Input (Bank 1 or single sensor)

Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
replace the sensors and try to start it again.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Try VWVortex mk4 forums for more detailed info
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...-IV-Jetta-IV&?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough

Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
That is the 12V the 24v is a BDF engine code and has individual coil on plug ignition. I have the 24v it's nice
Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Drunk Canadian

Thanks! I started a thread over there and those guys seem very helpful.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ver-my-12V-VR6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06yoda View Post
That is the 12V the 24v is a BDF engine code and has individual coil on plug ignition. I have the 24v it's nice
Thanks, i figured it out pretty quick. Do you have the auto or mt? Hows the power on these cars? I know you have the 200hp 24v so that must be fun. I think my 175hp should go pretty good..
Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
Out for a rip eh!
lunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aleks
lunchboxhero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Thanks! I started a thread over there and those guys seem very helpful.
HELPFUL?!?!?!? They are a bunch of asshats! lol

Great guys from vortex, you're in good hands there.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchboxhero View Post
HELPFUL?!?!?!? They are a bunch of asshats! lol

Great guys from vortex, you're in good hands there.
I know, theyve been very helpful