Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My Build thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #41
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ohhh I wanna go!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
ohhh I wanna go!
Then go! $10 for all day racing!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #43
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I only has access to cardboard and a plasma cutter

Nice work Tyler I still need to see this beast in person!
Haha I have a pile of cardboard templates from all the stuff I have made
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Haha I have a pile of cardboard templates from all the stuff I have made
Me too

I snatched a bunch of manila folders from work and those seem to work better cleaner lines
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #46
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me too

I snatched a bunch of manila folders from work and those seem to work better cleaner lines
Thats a good idea
Old 07-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #47
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
made some changes, this is the final design

Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #48
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you getting the coilovers for the rear? And you have to wait to see what travel correct?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #49

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Where are you getting the coilovers for the rear? And you have to wait to see what travel correct?
already have the c/o's, I buy all my shocks used, saves alot of money
It should be about 28' of travel
Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #50
Janusz is on a distinguished road

Janusz's Tacoma Gallery
good thread, I'' be watching your progress closely as I am still before starting my project (still buying a right car as a base) but from the beggining I want to put a 4-link suspension in the rear.

what will be the total lenght of your trailing arms?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #51
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC yota View Post
made some changes, this is the final design

250 or 120 wall tube?

What kind of internal gusseting I'm not doubting you I would just love some insight from an professional
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #52

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
good thread, I'' be watching your progress closely as I am still before starting my project (still buying a right car as a base) but from the beggining I want to put a 4-link suspension in the rear.

what will be the total lenght of your trailing arms?
Thanks, total length is 49''

DTF- .120'' 4130, it will have internal gussets, like a fire truck ladder, haha
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #53
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:

DTF- .120'' 4130, it will have internal gussets, like a fire truck ladder, haha
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #54
macampos50 is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
macampos50's Tacoma Gallery
That truck looks like so much fun!!

Man I wish I had the the time to build a bad boy like that!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #55

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macampos50 View Post
That truck looks like so much fun!!

Man I wish I had the the time to build a bad boy like that!
Thanks man, it's been a lot of work, but worth it!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #56

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the front end off to give it a good prep while I'm waiting for the links to be cut out

Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #57
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #58

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
haha ur telling me, just got done working on it for the night
Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #59
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha ur telling me, just got done working on it for the night

Sheiiit! late night truck work is the best lol

Your front is the camburg race kit right?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #60

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Sheiiit! late night truck work is the best lol

Your front is the camburg race kit right?

haha noooooo, front end is custom I made a few years ago

If you notice, the lower arm bushing sleeve is .250'' wall 4130 with a wrap on it so it doesn't come apart like other ''race kits''..........