Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build

Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Got the motor out today. Fairly easy and luckly no bolts broke. Going to try to get a new/rebuilt one by next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-dsc01789.jpg   Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-dsc01790.jpg   Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-dsc01791.jpg   Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-dsc01792.jpg   Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-dsc01793.jpg  

Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #23
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im liking the white older style wheels. Might go with a set of these once I do the wheels and tires. White Rock Crawler 82's from summit

Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
The Welfare Cadilac

Going in the morning to get the rebuilt engine, just gonna core mine. Also got some hoses and motor mounts from advance. Hopefully have it all in and running sometime next week.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
very cool truck
Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Going in the morning to get the rebuilt engine, just gonna core mine. Also got some hoses and motor mounts from advance. Hopefully have it all in and running sometime next week.
Advance... come on now, we talked about this at URE

j/k bud, I'm excited to see this thing come together so quick! When are we going to get to see it on the trail?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #27
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck, this should be fun to watch!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #28
The Welfare Cadilac

Hopefully soon, im going to drive it a while and make sure everything is sound. Then might dolly it up to URE one weekend. I just started a new job and will start having more saturdays and sundays off.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
The Welfare Cadilac

Went to Poteat's in Kannapolis and got a rebuilt motor. Gonna start putting parts on it this weekend and hopefully have it in the truck soon.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #31
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
gonna be sweet man! poteats has good deals IMO, what did that motor cost?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
The Welfare Cadilac

$828 2yr warranty
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
Mason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to behold
Mason04's Tacoma Gallery
Great project! Quick question for all those who know these old truck's value. I have a local 1982 for sale in my area with only 90k original miles. You know the story one owner, old man, took great care of the truck. Anyway, he is asking $6k for the truck which seems a bit high to me. I was thinking closer to $4k, but wanted to get some opionions. Only problem with truck is slight hail damage on hood, other than that immaculate inside and out. Thoughts....?
Attached Thumbnails
Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-82-toyota.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #34
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$828 2yr warranty
not bad at all
Old 06-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #35
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason04 View Post
Great project! Quick question for all those who know these old truck's value. I have a local 1982 for sale in my area with only 90k original miles. You know the story one owner, old man, took great care of the truck. Anyway, he is asking $6k for the truck which seems a bit high to me. I was thinking closer to $4k, but wanted to get some opionions. Only problem with truck is slight hail damage on hood, other than that immaculate inside and out. Thoughts....?
weeelll i dont know shit about shit but i would say if you can get it for around 5,500 that would probably be a good deal. the fact that the only thing wrong is hail damage is pretty damn good seeing as it is 30 years old. a lot of people beat the shit outta these old trucks because they know they can handle them
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. I want one of these so bad
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #37
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason04 View Post
I would try about 5k, But it would be a shame to cut a truck like that up and turn it into a trail rig.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #38
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it would be a shame to cut a truck like that up and turn it into a trail rig.
x2. shes a beauty
Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
Mason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to beholdMason04 is a splendid one to behold
Mason04's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input guys. I was gonna run it over to the local Toyota dealership for a bumper to bumper inspection and then make an offer based on what I hear. I have no intentions of turning this into a trail rig. It will fit in nicely with my 75 FJ40.
Attached Thumbnails
Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-fj-pic-8.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #40
The Welfare Cadilac

Nice!