Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build

Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #741
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Having the twin stick should help with binding.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #742
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If I could I'd use a 2wd/locked combo in a LOT of situations.

If my stock t-case/actuator ever shits I'm doing the FJ mod solely for twin stick (and to get the actuator out of the picture).
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #743
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's pretty handy having the option for 2wd/low/locked.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #744
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
If I could I'd use a 2wd/locked combo in a LOT of situations.

If my stock t-case/actuator ever shits I'm doing the FJ mod solely for twin stick (and to get the actuator out of the picture).
you can be locked in 2wd... and you can also be locked, in 2wd, and in low gear...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #745
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
you can be locked in 2wd... and you can also be locked, in 2wd, and in low gear...

No, YOU can. Fucking with those stock relays is asking for trouble far from home. I get the guys doing it for pulling at boat ramps. For fieldwork, durability/reliability comes first. It's the same reason I'll never go near a supercharger.

If I wanted those features, I'd go to ARB systems and swap to an FJ case.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #746
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
No, YOU can. Fucking with those stock relays is asking for trouble far from home. I get the guys doing it for pulling at boat ramps. For fieldwork, durability/reliability comes first. It's the same reason I'll never go near a supercharger.

If I wanted those features, I'd go to ARB systems and swap to an FJ case.
im not sure how any durability issues could arise. you're using the same shit the truck does when its normally locked... if youre that worried about it, carry a spare relay with you that you can swap in in 5 mins. ive yet to hear of anyone on this site having problems from the locker mod.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
im not sure how any durability issues could arise. you're using the same shit the truck does when its normally locked... if youre that worried about it, carry a spare relay with you that you can swap in in 5 mins. ive yet to hear of anyone on this site having problems from the locker mod.
I know more than one person who's ended up with electrical gremlins after the fog light anytime and/or locker anytime hacks. Again, I'd attain the capability in other ways. I'm not crazy about the way the truck is set up from factory either, but this is how Toyota sells 'em, so might as well use it til it breaks.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #748
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Having the twin stick should help with binding.
Plus, twins are always better.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #749
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
Plus, twins are always better.
Yes, yes they are.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #750
The Welfare Cadilac

So something in the rear diff shit the bed, I had the diff rebuilt/re-setup with the Spartan installed and I had a spare diff I welded.

I decided to put the Spartan locked diff in the front and the welded in the rear. Got everything buttoned up today. Going to try and find a spot to try it out tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #751

Quote:
So something in the rear diff shit the bed, I had the diff rebuilt/re-setup with the Spartan installed and I had a spare diff I welded.

I decided to put the Spartan locked diff in the front and the welded in the rear. Got everything buttoned up today. Going to try and find a spot to try it out tomorrow.

Spur of the moment Uwharrie trip?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #752
The Welfare Cadilac

What time, i'll be turkey hunting in the morning
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #753

ooohm shit. I'd have to get up early and prep the truck. Then it's a 2 hour drive to get there. Earliest I could get there would be probably 10ish?

How long would you be turkey hunting?

I'm torn. Part of me wants to be a lazy shit tomorrow, but I haven't been to URE yet this year, haven't wheeled in about 3 months, and I'm jonesin.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #754
The Welfare Cadilac

Till about 10:30, unless we shoot one before. Prob couldn't be there till just before 1
Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #755
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I want this exact truck!!! Super nice truck man!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #756

Quote:
Till about 10:30, unless we shoot one before. Prob couldn't be there till just before 1
Guh. I'd be down if I could stay through Sunday, but I'm off rockclimbing (actual rock climbing) on Sunday, so I'd only get a half day out of it. I think it's a no go for me. Rain check into May :\
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #757
The Welfare Cadilac

Ten-fo, Im ready to put this thing to the test.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #758
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
I want this exact truck!!! Super nice truck man!
Thanks man!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #759

Quote:
Ten-fo, Im ready to put this thing to the test.
Not this weekend, but soon

Took my rig out onto a deserted dead end road tonight and finalized adjustment on the new lights. I think I need to add a spot unit as well, maybe hanging from the grill hoop. Until then, the high beams will do and I have a boss flood pattern for everything up to 100'. Ready for some night runs.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #760
The Welfare Cadilac