Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build

Old 07-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #861
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
Keep up the progress on the build. I got a lot fender crunching flex after I removed my rear bumpstops.

I have a couple of days off coming my way. Hopefully I can get my rear axle back together.
I'm going to try to clearance my fenders this weekend. I don't even have bumpstops.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #863
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I just let the tires do the clearancing . But with these 37's I need to do some cutting.
Let the tires do the cutting.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #865
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Aight then, we'll see what happens.
Just don't jump it.

http://youtu.be/JCfgx_krIo0
Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #866
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Just don't jump it.

Hahaha... his coil overs busted hard. I'm no mechanic but I think that might be his problem
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #867
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I think his problem might be being fucking retarded. You can't put that kind of leverage on a show-not-go suspension and expect it to stand up. And it couldn't have been just the coilovers that went...I'd bet he sheared the mounts.

I will say the backside in the red jacket/jeans from 1:03 to 1:06 is most welcome.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #868
The Welfare Cadilac

Went to town earlier, pos wouldn't crank when I went to get back in it. Got a loose connection somewhere I believe. Some guys helped me pop start it, and it was good to go.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #869
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just don't jump it.

F' that noise man if your spine can take it have fun! i have aired them way harder than that (also bent axels, broken slave cyl off the trans wit the front pumpkin etc)

this pic is of my old man when i was a kid, circa 97 ish just sayin.. that street queen truck vid is pretty funny though

and this video is just off youtube, i have no idea who it is, but its all too familiar to me i grew up in Iowa and its the same landscape/playing area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebnFLEea9SE
Attached Thumbnails
Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build-384586_2706491464321_606766764_n.jpg  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #870
09dcsb will become famous soon enough09dcsb will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
09dcsb's Tacoma Gallery
hey max-4 where did you get your springs? whats your frame height under the door?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #871
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09dcsb View Post
hey max-4 where did you get your springs? whats your frame height under the door?
Front pack is RUF mixed pack. Rear is 63" Chevy springs from the junkyard. Frame to ground is 25 1/2".

IMO save yourself time and headache and go ahead with TG or All-Pro suspension. The chevy springs are nothing like what you read on pirate or any other site, and the RUF don't feel all that stable when flexed.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #872
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Front pack is RUF mixed pack. Rear is 63" Chevy springs from the junkyard. Frame to ground is 25 1/2".

IMO save yourself time and headache and go ahead with TG or All-Pro suspension. The chevy springs are nothing like what you read on pirate or any other site, and the RUF don't feel all that stable when flexed.
I would go all-pro. or remove leafs out of the TG pack. I had them on a 4runner and it flexed great, and drove great, but it was extremely high though to be 4" lift
Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #873
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck! Crazy transformation, judging from the original post. Now to catch up...
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #874
abmx717 is on a distinguished road
Name: aaron
abmx717's Tacoma Gallery
Love this build I just got a 80 to build a wheeler so I could quit smashing on my tacoma
Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #876
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
This truck has caught fire and rusted to the ground...
How did you find out?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #877
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How did you find out?
Saw it on your black planet account
Old 10-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #878
09dcsb will become famous soon enough09dcsb will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
09dcsb's Tacoma Gallery
so what happened?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #879
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09dcsb View Post
so what happened?
Nothing, I had no idea what Derpwood was talking about, I just went along with it.

Truck is doing fine. The seat really stinks , I think its from the few rains it got caught in with the half doors.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #880
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing, I had no idea what Derpwood was talking about, I just went along with it.

Truck is doing fine. The seat really stinks , I think its from the few rains it got caught in with the half doors.
where is my deer jerky foo?