Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Max-4_Yota's: 4WD 82' Toyota Pickup Build

Old 05-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #1001
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty good deal, you could swap over the ring gear to the carrier in your current diffs so you could run an open one up front. Than sell you old ones to recoup some money. They usually go for 50-100 each depending on condition.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #1002
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
How far did you move your hangars forward for your 63's and did you move the rear at all? How much frame did you cut off with the 8" bob? I was trying to wait till after I swap my 63's over to bob but I'm getting impatient and I don't wanna cut too much of the frame and end up not having room to mount my rear hangers

Edit: One more thing. Did you notch your pinch weld to clear the legs of the sliders? It looks like there's only room for 1"-1.5" to come at a 90* of the frame and still clear the pinch. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #1003
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm guessing you ment to quote mike on that but I can say with sliders just come off the frame at a 90° An inch or so is plenty. My tacoma has less than that actually.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #1004
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
I'm guessing you ment to quote mike on that but I can say with sliders just come off the frame at a 90° An inch or so is plenty. My tacoma has less than that actually.
I looked at his when we went to uwharrie. The issue is that there is only 1-1.5" of clearance between the bottom of the frame and the bottom of the pinch and we're using 2x2 tubing. He just mounted the slider legs flush with the bottom of the frame and notched the pinch for the tubing to go through.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #1005

Yeah you can notch the pinch seam for the heck of it. Not really gonna hurt anything if they touch a little under a load.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #1006
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't let them flex enough to hit your cab.. I'd try getting as low as possible
Old 06-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #1008
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
I looked at his when we went to uwharrie. The issue is that there is only 1-1.5" of clearance between the bottom of the frame and the bottom of the pinch and we're using 2x2 tubing. He just mounted the slider legs flush with the bottom of the frame and notched the pinch for the tubing to go through.
Yeah that's what I did. I welded the pinch weld back up before installing the sliders to prevent rust.

I feel crazy saying this but the truck may be up for sale soon. Looking to get a 4runner, need more room for camping stuff.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #1009
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Yeah that's what I did. I welded the pinch weld back up before installing the sliders to prevent rust.

I feel crazy saying this but the truck may be up for sale soon. Looking to get a 4runner, need more room for camping stuff.

I'll act like I didn't see this coming
Old 06-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #1010

Quote:
For some reason I though you had posted in your build thread. I was confused after looking back. Should never be on Tapatalk when your half asleep.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #1011
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 06-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #1012
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So i've come up with a great idea. Buy the 4runner, keep the Caddy and rent it out.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #1013

Going to pick up Chris's 4 runner or you got your eye on another?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #1014
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Going to pick up Chris's 4 runner or you got your eye on another?
Looking at another one. Ready to go.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #1015

Quote:
Looking at another one. Ready to go.
I hear ya. You going to sell the pickup as is? Or you gonna take a few parts off first?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #1016
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
I hear ya. You going to sell the pickup as is? Or you gonna take a few parts off first?
If the deal goes through and I decide to sell it, it will be sold as is. Only thing i'm keeping is the hi-lift.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #1017

Quote:
If the deal goes through and I decide to sell it, it will be sold as is. Only thing i'm keeping is the hi-lift.
Looking forward to seeing the new ride! I'm wanting to head to uwharrie again soon now that I've got my truck back together. I'll see if I can find some shorts this time too haha
Old 06-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #1018
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Fix the rust holes in your bed
Old 06-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #1019
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Fix the rust holes in your bed
Old 07-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #1020