Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kermit the XJ: Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #2041
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Not bad. I always wondered tho if it was a pain having it swing down instead of out? In terms of getting in the hatch.
its not too bad. I've tightened the hinge bolt down a hair to the metal on metal contact slows the fall. Not sure what I'll do once I paint it though. Probably just be a man about it.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #2042
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

I dig tho how it's simple and doesn't weigh as much as a normal swing out

Feel free to fab one for me to test
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #2043
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like that would fall and take me out
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #2044
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Patty cakes, you just gotta be big and strong like me
Old 04-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #2045
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not bad. I always wondered tho if it was a pain having it swing down instead of out? In terms of getting in the hatch.
The only time I can think it would be a problem is when you need to put something longer than the hatch into the back. Or if you needed to lift something awkward and wanted to be close to the deck.

Maybe a heavy spring to assist in lowering it and a stop to keep it from hitting the ground?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #2046
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedXJ View Post
lookie what a buddy and I built this weekend.
WHAT U DEADLIFT BRO?!?

looks good though
Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #2047
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
WHAT U DEADLIFT BRO?!?

looks good though
BAck day!!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #2048
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
My back hurts today
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #2049
Jeep driving High Voltage junkie
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo for reasons that are not apparent at this time, the 5 speed in my YJ decided to bite the dust while the gf and I were on our way to breakfast yesterday morning. Luckily we were only a couple miles from the house so I was able to limp it back. Had the tranny out of it in a couple hours or so, went over to the neighbor's house (the one I mentioned that was parting out the crawler), and bought his 5 speed and transfer case for $300.

So today is the official JeepAndrew transmission swap day!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #2050
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
The only time I can think it would be a problem is when you need to put something longer than the hatch into the back. Or if you needed to lift something awkward and wanted to be close to the deck.

Maybe a heavy spring to assist in lowering it and a stop to keep it from hitting the ground?
That would technically be annoying, but whatever it was going in would have to be heavier than the tire and carrier and in that case, I'd just pull it outta the receiver while I loaded it. Boom, problem solved. For the cost of stock, still a better option than swapping out to a 1200 dollar bumper.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #2051
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would technically be annoying, but whatever it was going in would have to be heavier than the tire and carrier and in that case, I'd just pull it outta the receiver while I loaded it. Boom, problem solved. For the cost of stock, still a better option than swapping out to a 1200 dollar bumper.
Hell yes!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #2052
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAndrew View Post
Sooo for reasons that are not apparent at this time, the 5 speed in my YJ decided to bite the dust while the gf and I were on our way to breakfast yesterday morning. Luckily we were only a couple miles from the house so I was able to limp it back. Had the tranny out of it in a couple hours or so, went over to the neighbor's house (the one I mentioned that was parting out the crawler), and bought his 5 speed and transfer case for $300.

So today is the official JeepAndrew transmission swap day!
Ouch. Cheap price on the tranny and tcase tho
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #2053
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doh! I missed the part where it was hitch mounted. Still, it's a good idea.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #2056
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off work . Got stuck late and then had to help my boss with some reports. Now gotta stop at the store for some and we're good to go
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #2058
Jeep driving High Voltage junkie
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ouch. Cheap price on the tranny and tcase tho
The YJ is back on the road. Went pretty well, although it sucks doing a tranny swap solo..

Next week will be ordering time for a CV rear driveshaft:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JEEP-131...ad10db&vxp=mtr

They make them for XJs also. Mine definitely needs it to get rid of the vibration it has at 40-ish mph.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #2059
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
bumper ois on....not 100%

good for road but wouldn't tow or recover. gotta add some more re-enforcement.got a tad too late and a tad too :drink: ;anonL::
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #2060
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
bumper ois on....not 100%

good for road but wouldn't tow or recover. gotta add some more re-enforcement.got a tad too late and a tad too :drink: ;anonL::

Products Discussed in this Thread