Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kermit the XJ: Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #201
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
The OP is a douche

x32.5870703
Old 07-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #203
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
So I assume that you know if you turn the ignition off whilst the headlights are off THEN push the headlights off that they stay on for 30 seconds or so....... Man I wish the tacoma did that.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #204
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
So I assume that you know if you turn the ignition off whilst the headlights are off THEN push the headlights off that they stay on for 30 seconds or so....... Man I wish the tacoma did that.
I actually was wondering how long it would take before they'd shut off....good to know.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #205
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well, since I have nothing of use to add to this thread, allow me to shit in it once again!

Fuck this thread!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #206
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Well, since I have nothing of use to add to this thread, allow me to shit in it once again!

Fuck this thread!
x2
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #207
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling tomorrow....

Mild trail, so shouldn't do too much damage hopefully. Just a relaxing get-away for the day.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #208
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Also got 17mpg on the tank today
Old 07-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #209
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Part# reference for Thursday......

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1&keyword=2737

Gonna swap a HD ZJ clutch fan in and see if helps keep it cooler and also should halp the AC run a bit cooler. All reports online say it works awesome, just is noisy, which is fine. We shall see. Cheap part, so it's worth a go
Old 07-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #210
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What's your normal temp running? I was just reading about the ZJ fan too, may be my next mod.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #211
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
210 average +/-. Occasionally when wheeling, it'll hit 217ish but I haven't seen it ever go above 218. Still hot for a vehicle. The biggest thing for me, is my AC started not running as cool as it should because of the heat here, so it should help. I don't mind the noise.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #212

The noise shouldn't be that bad. Hell I ran fixed blade stuff on my CJ's and it was barely noticeable.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #213
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Fuck this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
The OP is a douche

We finally agree on something.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
x32.5870703

to the 10th power.....
Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #214
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
The noise shouldn't be that bad. Hell I ran fixed blade stuff on my CJ's and it was barely noticeable.
It's already pretty loud. My aux efan makes a ton of noise LOL I'm not too worried about it. Also gonna grease my zerks today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post

We finally agree on something.......

to the 10th power.....
Old 07-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #215
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Greased my zerks today. Need to replace a TRE boot eventually....bought the part for the HD fan clutch mod, but didn't do it yet. Also started the planning for a complete coolant system/rad flush. Thinking next Saturday I'll do that since I'll be preoccupied with work for most of the rest of this weekend and next week. Wheeling went smooth yesterday. No breaks or damage. Only one tippy part towards the end. Rolled back into town and ended with some fireworks.

Poser shots aired down to 17PSI all around:

DSC_0020 by cmack48, on Flickr

DSC_0023 by cmack48, on Flickr

DSC_0229 by cmack48, on Flickr
Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #216
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a TRE boot??
Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #217
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Tie Rod End boot.

These red boots:
Old 07-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #218
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh.. 10-4 Rubber Ducky
Old 07-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #219
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
My drag link, where it meets the pitman arm, that be where I have a torn boot. Still greased the zerk for now, and will do when i have some time. I hate dealing with changing those out.

Gonna order some wheel spacers tonight also I think....
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #220

You sure are havin to do a lot to this Jeep just to wheel like a stock Tacoma.

Products Discussed in this Thread