Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kermit the XJ: Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #2201
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely. You guys getting hitched soon too right? Big chances coming yer way amigo!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #2203
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Congrats on everything again man.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #2205
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I feel better now
Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #2206
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Bitches
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #2207
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Love
Old 05-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #2208
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tha Cawk
Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #2209
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
BrokenTesticals
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #2210

I go by many names.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #2212
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
lockers or go home
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #2213
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
lockers or go home
Did the ghost town tour this weekend. Not an official tour but we hit up a couple of towns in the Eastern Sierras. Got rained on, snowed on and blown out. It was an awesome trip! Found some new places to go too.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #2214
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Did the ghost town tour this weekend. Not an official tour but we hit up a couple of towns in the Eastern Sierras. Got rained on, snowed on and blown out. It was an awesome trip! Found some new places to go too.
Sounds like a blast...and like a trip I need to go on

Pics?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #2215
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
so I guess we should have replaced the 30 in the XJ. The axle tubes make a U now along with alot of other misc bent parts.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #2216
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
original 98 jeep radiator + the sweet soothing sea air from Huntington beach its whole life= fuckkked up radiator.
got all my parts together for my taurus e-fan swap. (fan clutch took a dump)
realized... oh my gawd... radiator is not supposed to look like that.
pretty sure I found the culprit of my overheating.
oh well, what'ya gonna do. figured the jeep chat room needed a pic for the day to remind them...
"could be worse"
Attached Thumbnails
Kermit the XJ: Build-rad.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #2217
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
so I guess we should have replaced the 30 in the XJ. The axle tubes make a U now along with alot of other misc bent parts.

jump gone wrong?

time for a d44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
original 98 jeep radiator + the sweet soothing sea air from Huntington beach its whole life= fuckkked up radiator.
got all my parts together for my taurus e-fan swap. (fan clutch took a dump)
realized... oh my gawd... radiator is not supposed to look like that.
pretty sure I found the culprit of my overheating.
oh well, what'ya gonna do. figured the jeep chat room needed a pic for the day to remind them...
"could be worse"
that looks normal
Old 05-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #2218
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
jump gone wrong?

time for a d44
It wasn't intended to be a jump. There was a 7ft drop off and he grabbed brake instead of gas. Good thing we added alot to the front bumper and frame plates or it would have been a total loss. It did blow the airbage though. Our front hoop saved it from an endo. On another note the thing was doing awsome until then. He was running around with me, but I grabbed the gas and cleared far enough.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #2220
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like a blast...and like a trip I need to go on

Pics?
It was a blast.

I went with a couple of SmugMug friends. We decided to leave around 2 on Friday. That turned into 5 cause we decided to take pictures before leaving. Hopefully, this works correctly.

First world camping problems:

Rolled into camp on the Eastern side of Yosemite National Park around midnight-some great sites along the water. Temps dropped into the high 30's at night. Slept in the back of the truck.

Views didn't suck. But they were not why we were here.

Our goal was to photograph the ghost towns of Bodie and Masonic. They aren't far apart but the road joining them was impassible. Too much snow still.

Bodie:

Masonic:

Bodie is a state park and maintained in a state of "arrested decay". Masonic on the other hand, is full of bullet holes and broken glass. Much more interesting.

We stopped at Mono Lake as well. This picture doesn't do the place justice.

Weather was all over the place. Sun, rain, wind, snow.

Camera phone pics just suck. Haven't gotten around to processing stuff from the cameras. Only rolled into the driveway at 0230 this morning. Snow hindered our return. The alternate route yielded a pretty nice sunset and this isn't the best rendition of it either.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip. And the the food at the gas station does not suck.

Products Discussed in this Thread