Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kermit the XJ: Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #2661
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. $30g's more a year though? I'd be thinking hard about it although I bet there's an expectation that comes with it.
30k more a year to cross enemy lines. You bet your ass I'd take that raise. What do you do that wants to pay you 30k a year on top of what you already make to cross enemy lines?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #2662
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I would probably talk to my current employer and let them know I have a standing offer at another bank... let them fight for you.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #2663
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
30k more a year to cross enemy lines. You bet your ass I'd take that raise. What do you do that wants to pay you 30k a year on top of what you already make to cross enemy lines?
Sometimes, the money's not worth it. Trust me in this one.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #2664
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
I would probably talk to my current employer and let them know I have a standing offer at another bank... let them fight for you.

solid plan of attack, I would have the other offset in the bag though incase they call your bluff. This way you know to what regard your current employer holds you

Quote:
Sometimes, the money's not worth it. Trust me in this one.
When you're living pay check to pay check it is
Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #2665
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you're living pay check to pay check it is
Maybe. But did you ever consider it might not make that much of a difference when it's all said and done?

All I'm saying is consider everything before deciding.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #2666
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Maybe. But did you ever consider it might not make that much of a difference when it's all said and done?

All I'm saying is consider everything before deciding.
The forseen things I could see is quality of life and hours spent driving to and from work. Macks still in his 20's. I say work as much as possible now, make the coin, so later on down the road he doesn have to work.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #2667

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The forseen things I could see is quality of life and hours spent driving to and from work. Macks still in his 20's. I say work as much as possible now, make the coin, so later on down the road he doesn have to work.
That's one side of the coin. But the other side is the tax implication (which I'm sure he will consider). With it, you could potentially realize a much smaller amount of that raise as take home pay.

Lastly, I would make the argument that waiting until you're older to enjoy your life is a mistake-that's my personal opinion based on my own personal experience. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #2668
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
That's one side of the coin. But the other side is the tax implication (which I'm sure he will consider). With it, you could potentially realize a much smaller amount of that raise as take home pay.

Lastly, I would make the argument that waiting until you're older to enjoy your life is a mistake-that's my personal opinion based on my own personal experience. Take it for what it's worth.
I'd much rather be in the next tax bracket. Still taking more home at the end of the pay period
Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #2669
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm a Banker

Also, anyone wanna buy kermit?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #2670
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I'm a Banker

Also, anyone wanna buy kermit?
whatcha going with now?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #2671
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
whatcha going with now?
somethign completely opposite of anything i've ever personally owned...
Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #2672
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Cmack I can't remember if I ever got back to you about the other position offered to you, did you take it?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2673
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
Cmack I can't remember if I ever got back to you about the other position offered to you, did you take it?
you didn't

haven't yet...i'm under contract until may
Old 09-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2674
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
a volkswagen beetle?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #2675
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My bad. I was ill when I got it and neglected a few people.

Contract? pffffttt..

At the end of the day, where are you going to make more money for the time you put into it. Your a successful banker, you could make a killing as a CPC banker.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #2676
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
My bad. I was ill when I got it and neglected a few people.

Contract? pffffttt..

At the end of the day, where are you going to make more money for the time you put into it. Your a successful banker, you could make a killing as a CPC banker.
no worries..and yeah. that's what i've heard. your guys' system is so different compared to ours. I definitely like how it's way less sales driven and a lot more relationship management. which is completely me. it seems like i'm going to make a lot more with JP Morgan for doing a lot less work over wells...my only thing is i was wanting originally to get into international banking down the road. dunno what chase's program looks like compared to wells.

i'm one of the top bankers in my market currently
Old 09-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #2677
Yeti Hunter

Successful people don't stay in their jobs very long because they end up getting promo'd to where they want to be. I need to start smashing purchases and investments to get to the top, don't have shit for a pipeline since I changed branches for the promo to banker.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #2678
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
that's why they keep changing their mind on where they want to send me

i'm killing it with investments...and with business banking. i much prefer investments though. they are a lot more fun.

they wanted to put me into management (for community banking), but that's not really a path i want to go down.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #2679

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unimog. We're all fucked now
Old 09-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #2680
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread