LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kermit the XJ: Build

Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #41
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
needs 2 less doors.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Needs more electrical tape mods
Did that yesterday. Splice, electrical tape, and zip ties. Alas, now my passengers can roll their own windows down

I bypassed my child lock. Common for it to have issues lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but Ive heard these jeeps dont have a frame they have a unibody? Is this correct?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
Clean jeep Cmack
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzyB View Post
needs 2 less doors.
Actually wanted 4 doors. So nice having the space my truck never did, and with a shorter wheel base

--

Also installed my Rugged Ridge tow hooks. Inch thick steel, and rated for 10,000lbs. They are desecrate, and a PITA to install. It requires removing the entire front bumper and then re-installing, which of course is tough to line up the bumper on your own, when adding in such thick brackets in the mix . It's tied in both with the bumper mounts and then further back in the frame rail. So far, I like them. They don't stand out and are heavy duty. We'll see how they hold up

Also, suppose to trim the bottom plastic with them. Not sure yet if I want to or not. The bottom plastic lip is flexible, so I can just push it back and slide a strap on it.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #43
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
The no tow hook thing always killed me, WTF Jeep! I've thought about getting the front receiver hitch so I can have a recovery point, and maybe a winch cradle.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #44
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I got them from JCWhitney with a father's day discount. made it like 83 bucks shipped lol

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with the rear...probably a rear hitch, and I have a plan with mocking up a gas tank skid to mount to the hitch as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #45
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
. wat the go go? Howd the fingering go? Prob gonna take a few weeks huh? Otherwise everything set?
All is bueno. Signing the papers a week from tomorrow. Got the phone call hours after I was fingerprinted saying so lol Starting once the papers are signed. Looking like beg/mid of July I'll be done doing all the training. Getting keys and stuff on Wed as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #46
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm happy with it lol
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #47
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery

you photos look too burnt

jk
Old 06-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #48
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post

you photos look too burnt

jk

Nice reference
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #49
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Go away
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #50
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Go away

U mad cause I'm gonna leave Oregahoes soon?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #51
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

U mad cause I'm gonna leave Oregahoes soon?

Yes
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #52
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes
Meh, I don't feel like pulling 60+ hour work weeks.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #53
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
desert whore? a whore that smells like an Italian?
The restaurant gig I have now....Curt loves it because a ton of hot women work there, and I give him a discount
Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #54
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Meh, I don't feel like pulling 60+ hour work weeks.

Fuh Cue
Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #55
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fuh Cue
You want a yob there? You can take mine....
Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #56
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah pizza...
Speaking of pizza - you still skippy dadoodah in the morning in your spandex?
Yessir. This is week 5 since I started. There are some women on the trail with some ripper bodies Keeps me motivated.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #57
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The restaurant gig I have now....Curt loves it because a ton of hot women work there, and I give him a discount
And where is this fine establishment?

To keep this Jeep related......

I recommend THIS as a major upgrade to the factory headlight wiring. Mine driver side headlight was always dimmer than the passenger. Not anymore.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #58
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
And where is this fine establishment?

To keep this Jeep related......

I recommend THIS as a major upgrade to the factory headlight wiring. Mine driver side headlight was always dimmer than the passenger. Not anymore.
H4 conversion? Surprisingly, mine are actually pretty decently bright. I have a coworker who has a 97 and he let me test drive it to see if I just liked the XJs in general, and his sucked. Need to do a tranny cooler as well. Been monitoring my engine temps and intake temps, but haven't been able to watch tranny. I have my UG hooked up to the Jeep also. I'm not a huge fan of the hood vents, but if I start running too warm, I shall install them then.

New speedo gear should be here today to fix my speedo and ODO to make them accurate since the lift and tires. After doing the calc though and including the accommodation for the larger tires, I think I got about 18mpg on this tank, which is only a drop of 1mpg...mixed driving. Not bad

Also, are you on Cherokeeforum?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #59
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its been enough time to figure the mpgs....?
Well I'm below a 1/4 of a tank right now lol So will fill up for an accurate rating (I was estimating right now how much gal I've used), but it's been a week ago today since I had the tires installed? I drive a lot...lol
Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #60
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I have one. I was one of the first people to buy one. It's just not calibrated and I found even when it was for my truck it wasn't accurate. The temps and stuff are tho so I mostly use it for that.

Products Discussed in this Thread