Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kermit the XJ: Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #61
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my speedo gear today....Friday on the drive up to the trail, I'm gonna use a GPS to confirm its accuracy...

Funny how much lower I sit compared to the Ranger, yet I've got close to the same clearance from the diff to the ground lol

Old 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #62
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

Also, are you on Cherokeeforum?

Yeah I'm SparkyB over there. Getting 18 mpg avg. is pretty damn good with 31's. I use mine primarily as a work vehicle, took the back seat out so I can have a chop saw and tools inside. I get about 17 avg if I'm hauling a trailer or it's just slam full of tools and lumber on the roof rack. Highest so far was 24 just hwy miles.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #63
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
Yeah I'm SparkyB over there. Getting 18 mpg avg. is pretty damn good with 31's. I use mine primarily as a work vehicle, took the back seat out so I can have a chop saw and tools inside. I get about 17 avg if I'm hauling a trailer or it's just slam full of tools and lumber on the roof rack. Highest so far was 24 just hwy miles.
Yeah we'll see now that the speedo gear is in. I'm thinking I can consistently get 18 on it with lift and tires as well. And nice. Im cmack on there also. It's the only one I browse. I'm on some other local ones also, I just don't post often. Surprised you don't just always leave the seats folded up. Gives me tons of room that way...
Old 06-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #64
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
This makes me miss my Jeep. I had the same year/model/tires on a 3" lift too... My biggest gripe was not having a front locker. Other than that, it was one of the best "practical use" offroading vehicles I have ever owed.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #66
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #68
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Craig!!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #69
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
This makes me miss my Jeep. I had the same year/model/tires on a 3" lift too... My biggest gripe was not having a front locker. Other than that, it was one of the best "practical use" offroading vehicles I have ever owed.
Well you saw it when it was bone stock on 28" bald tires and no tint lol

Gotta get used to this whole jeep wave thing too...
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #70
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well you saw it when it was bone stock on 28" bald tires and no tint lol

Gotta get used to this whole jeep wave thing too...
Lol! I had my Jeep in Hawaii, most people had/wanted Toyotas and flat out ignored mah Jeep.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #71
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
Lol! I had my Jeep in Hawaii, most people had/wanted Toyotas and flat out ignored mah Jeep.
I've gotten the wave a bunch of times, especially now that it's lifted lol
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #72
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used to just fold the seat down but I was always needing just a tiny bit more room for all my stuff. The chop saw stand and table saw both have big wheels so I needed all I could get in there.

It's like this.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #73
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I gotcha. Makes sense now.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #74
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna do up my CB today...some custom brackets I gotta make...

Should look somewhat clean by the time I'm done.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #75
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Gay
Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #76
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just gonna leave this here

Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #77
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have around 20" from diff to the ground in the rear, and like 21" in he front from the diff to the ground.
what? explain that one to me. 20" at the diff...the read diff...the pumpkin, with 31"tires? What do you have portal axles that put the diff 5" higher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here

Old 06-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #78
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your loss

Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #79
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gonna do up my CB today...some custom brackets I gotta make...

Should look somewhat clean by the time I'm done.
http://youtu.be/wXw6znXPfy4
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #80

What setup were you thinking of doing for the kenwood sub? Cubby hole mount?

Products Discussed in this Thread