Kermit the XJ: Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #81
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
Gay
It's ok, we still love you, regardless of your sexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
New CB or out of the Taco(RIP)
It's from the Taco. Uniden 520xl or somehting like that. Wilson super flew antenna. I fabbed up a rear bracket out of some steel and I found a nice cubby hole I mounted my CB to for now...probably will move it eventually. But my my grinder burnt up as I was finishing my antenna bracket, so I couldn't fab up another bracket for it. Need to move my UG also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here

Thank you Forrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
what? explain that one to me. 20" at the diff...the read diff...the pumpkin, with 31"tires? What do you have portal axles that put the diff 5" higher?

Yes. From the lowest bottomest point of the pumpkin, to the ground. I have a Dana 30 in the front and Chrysler 8.25 in the rear....

You can see my rear diff in this pictar to show the clearance. And even the front for that matter....and yes, I am running on 31" tires. You are forgetting, stock, these cherokees come with big 27"/small 28" tires. it's not like the 1st gen tacomas, where stock size are 31s........jeeps have a lot of good clearance. My rear shock mounts and my front lower control arms are the lowest points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Sorry for your loss

It's a little toasty in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
What setup were you thinking of doing for the kenwood sub? Cubby hole mount?
Exactly what I was going to build. I built a custom one for my old taco with Chris4x4 and it came out awesome, so I'm gonna do the cubby hole mount.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #82
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine a lot. Takes up no room and sounds decent. I used a couple cans of expand-a-foam, plywood and a slim mount sub. Cost me about $60 total.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #83
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad. I know there's a guy on CF who sells them, but yeah. I plan on making the same. Can't wait Which sub you running in there?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #84
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds ok for a cheap sub. You can probably go around 5" depth or so. I had bought this for something else needing a slim mount and then didn't use it so figured what the hell.

http://www.amazon.com/D10F-PHANTOM-1.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #85
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #86
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
who bought the taco?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #88
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
It's a COMPLETELY different axle and setup compare to your Tacoma man....I don't know what it sat from stock, I just know what it sits at now. Trust me because I compared it to the ranger on 35s and it's only like 1/2" higher up....idgaf. My centre of gravity is lower than the ranger and Im essentially equal on clearance. Ranger has a better approach angle from the front. So yeah. I measured on flat level surface next to the ranger to compare....it's more clearance than my taco had and I ran 31s on that....
Old 06-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #90
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I was messin with you. I meant frame rail to ground
Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #92
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy's I was telling you about a while back

Old 06-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #93
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
It sounds ok for a cheap sub. You can probably go around 5" depth or so. I had bought this for something else needing a slim mount and then didn't use it so figured what the hell.

http://www.amazon.com/D10F-PHANTOM-1.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

Looks cheap lol My Kenwood is pretty decent and on the better end of the spectrum. I used to be buddies with an owner of an audio shop here locally. I brought him business, in return he gave me at cost prices lol I think my kenwood retails for 150 or 160 and I snagged it for 60 bucks. Sucks he ended up selling the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post

Oh god....that picture reminds me of the night prior.

Quote:
CONNER sup? Give your notice yet?
Was ready to tonight...I am going to soon. Thinking I'll do the right think and ride the wave till I'm setup with the new company and settled in before I pitch up and leave them....or maybe I'll say f it and leave sooner lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
who bought the taco?
Guy in TX. His name is Benny. Don't remember his username...he's been a member as long as me, but rarely posts. Just spys and stalks me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
My buddy's I was telling you about a while back

That looks awesome! I gotta trim my fenders...I destroyed my rear pass one today on the trails, along with my diff cover. Oops. First trail damage though
Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #94
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Deep Dish Pizza from Oregano's.....NOW!!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #95
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To update this thread, I destroyed my diff cover today

Just used RTV to hold it from leaking anymore until I can get some Solid or Riddler diff covers in to replace.

Pictars to come of trail run

also destroyed rear pass fender
Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #96
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Deep Dish Pizza from Oregano's.....NOW!!
Come pay me a visit tomorrow afternoon at the hoes...I'll be there.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #97
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet dude. Otherwise I gather you are pleased with the performance? Serious question - Are you happier with XJ or T?
Tacoma or TJ?

I am EXTREMELY happy with the performance of the XJ, even with open diffs. I went every where a locked on 35s with d44 and ford 9 ranger did today. My wheel base is shorter than my Tacoma was, but not as short as a TJ. Perfect IMO. I need to get used to knowing what my clearance is tho

Quote:
give notice yet?...or are you fucking with Curt and wont even be there?
No I'll be there. Mentioned to my boss today about keeping me on payroll and I'll just come in kinda whenever. Pick up shifts when I want type of thing...odds are will end up doing that.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #98
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Guy in TX. His name is Benny. Don't remember his username...he's been a member as long as me, but rarely posts. Just spys and stalks me.
Who doesn't
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #99
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Who doesn't
I'm honoured
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #100
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Who doesn't
Me

Products Discussed in this Thread