Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

luxes 93 get rich (not so) quick scheme

Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
luxes taco replacement

yes i have another build in the works folks. i starts as a 1993 completely stock single cab 2wd Toyota pickup i bought from a coworker that owned it and one day it developed a knock so he decided to sell it because he didn't want to dish out the money to put a new motor in it. he knew that i love toyotas so he gave me first dibs on it so i threw out an offer (knowing what would need to be done and really i think my offer was too low) and he declined it, because he said it was too much . he cut my offer in half and i jumped on it. i knew nothing about the truck other than it was an automatic ( ). on the day i went to pick it up after i gladly paid the man i found out it had a DISGUSTING interior and that it only had 149,563 miles on it . my original plan was to swap over all the fuel injection stuff over to my "pile" and part out the truck but then i thought maybe i could fix this thing up and sell it but i eventually decided against that because i would never make the money back on the new engine in it so no im thinking this truck might be replacing the taco.......

onward to the slow build..... i started by removed the seat and a bucket full of receipts and trash i saw the interior wasnt as trashed as i thought it would be, as a matter of fact it was in amazing shape and with a good carpet and seat cleaning it would actually look new (with the exception of a few cigarette burns).

and without further adieu here she is,

you might notice in the above pictures the drivers side fender seems to be in good shape, well that was before my little accident, ill explain, well it all happened in the same day i picked up the truck and i learned the hard way why you don't drive a truck with a rod knock, and that reason is is because that motor is about to blow the fuck up and leave your ass stranded on the side of the road . oh well, live and learn, that was a fun half mile walk back to the house to get the taco. so anyway back to my little accident, as i was loading it back up on the trailer it starts to rain and i couldn't push it on the trailer so i had to drop the trailer and turn my truck around so i could winch it on the trailer, well i didn't see that the front of the truck was hitting the side of the trailer and i kept winching and it made this little mark

Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well its been a while on this build and i havnt really done much since pulling the locked up engine

note.. i didnt buy it with a locked up engine, it only had a knock
pics of the carnage

that cant be good

why it locked up

^
connecting rod cap came loose (because of driving with a knock and wedged itself between the crank shaft and block)
Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #3

reserved
Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #4

reserved..