Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Swampers Ol 94 SAS

Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, Tom wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #43
Taco
superswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to all

Name: Hendrik
superswamper003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesherv View Post
Nice looking truck. What did you use to paint it? Did you do it yourself?
Thanks for being one of the couple of people that have actually complimented on my truck..... I appreciate it.... I used rustoleum, rattle canned it. It turned out ok i guess, i would have done that differently as well if i were to do it again.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #44
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
He's not being rude. He's criticizing the work because it doesn't look very well done and he doesn't want you to get hurt.
This. Maybe some people were being rude on purpose but all I thought about was that stuff failing on you and you getting hurt. And we're thinking hey, maybe you don't know how unsafe it was.. Because although you told me you knew the welds were bad, you then continued to paint it and install it on your truck. And someone who really did know, would have just redone while he had the welder sitting there. So it makes us double guess.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #45
Taco
superswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to allsuperswamper003 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
This. Maybe some people were being rude on purpose but all I thought about was that stuff failing on you and you getting hurt. And we're thinking hey, maybe you don't know how unsafe it was.. Because although you told me you knew the welds were bad, you then continued to paint it and install it on your truck. And someone who really did know, would have just redone while he had the welder sitting there. So it makes us double guess.
Yeah, i got it.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #46
thesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shedthesherv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Mike
thesherv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswamper003 View Post
Thanks for being one of the couple of people that have actually complimented on my truck..... I appreciate it.... I used rustoleum, rattle canned it. It turned out ok i guess, i would have done that differently as well if i were to do it again.
No problem...thanks was it just flat black or did you use gloss. I just painted mine with Rustoleum primer and cheap flat black paint. Same though, I'd prolly do it differently if I redo it.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #47
Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesherv View Post
No problem...thanks was it just flat black or did you use gloss. I just painted mine with Rustoleum primer and cheap flat black paint. Same though, I'd prolly do it differently if I redo it.
Well i used the gloss black but it faded pretty fast. I mean it was still shiny and all but not REALLY shiny. I think your supposed to mix the paint, and i probably could have used another layer of clearcoat.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bet welds are safe. I never said they werent. You dont have to worry anymore because i dont have that truck anymore and the guy that got it knows what has to be done to it...... And i like the crawler
Y u make build thread on truck you no longer own?

Unless you did all that between yesterday and today....
Old 07-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #49
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes the gussets are there look up what an eliminator kit comes with please...... Holy shit seriously, is this all you guys do on this site is critisize everyone all the time??? You dont see me going on everyones build and telling them the truck looks like crap. Dont post anything here if all your going to post are rude comments... Please
Woah, don't get all worked up about him making constructive criticism about the welds.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #51
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It gets tiring when you have near everyone saying it..
Welcome to the internet.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #53
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Y u make build thread on truck you no longer own?

Unless you did all that between yesterday and today....
Old 07-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #55
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The internet on TW is a whole lot different than on yotatech thats for sure
Just be glad your not on Pirate or IH8MUD
Old 07-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #56
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Because i wanted to???
Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #57
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Just be glad your not on Pirate or IH8MUD
Haha, if he put this on Pirate4x4.... Man the thread would be Epic, via responses.... Or TTORA
Old 07-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #59

Law Enforcement:
I will say most, if not all of us are concerned for the safety of the driver of that vehicle. They (we) see the welds, the pics, the progress and think wow, that looks a little dangerous. Those welds look a little unsafe.

A SAS truck isn't for mall crawling, so whoever builds it is gonna want it to be as strong and sturdy and well built as possible. I can understand that, you being 18, are excited to show us something you built once upon a time....but be aware, there are over 50,000 people that watch this site, and some with a greater knowledge base of vehicle modification then you, and they WILL state opinions....some of them will state facts.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #60
Taco

I know that. And no i didnt post this thread as you called it"once upon a time this 18 year old did an SAS!!!!" The only reason why i posted it was to entertain the TW people and see how they like it.