Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Just another '82 yota.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Just another '82 yota.

Here is my '82 build.

I traded a CRX for this truck and a brand new XDm 9 from my good friend a little more than a year ago. He had it for a couple years and put a weber, clutch and a pieced together elceapo lift on it as well as fixing most all of the engine oil leaks. Since I've had it all I have done is replaced the starter, put a few quarts of gear oil in the front diff, took out an add a leaf in the rear and gotten it plenty muddy! I do drive it almost daily. I have taken it wheelin a bit and it sure is fun to drive!

Here are some pics;

When I first got it,

Couple wheelin pics,

Craptacular flex

Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
My first mod was this totally rad magnet!

The super duper ugly front bumper (1/4 channel booger welded to the frame) was lookin pretty shabby so I hit it with a couple coats of flat black.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #3

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
And here are a few random filtered pics of it;

Me, my cowboy hat, my beard and my truck!

My buddies Jeep and the yota.

One of my favorite pics.

And a couple pics with my wife's Tacoma.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #4

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
And this is where I am today.

I have a long list of things to do under the hood and with the front axle, but I'll be getting to those soon. Today I decided to start freshening up the interior. For fathers day my wife and son got me a Coverlay dash cover! I've been to busy/lazy to work on it until now. I took a few pieces off of the dash. Most everything has a crack or is chipped but meh, I ain't trying to do a pristine build so a fresh coat of paint is all I'll need. I'm getting rid of the brown and painting it black and OD green.

Pics of today's progress.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #6

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, Toyota sure did build quite a repetition with these beastly little trucks!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Wish mine was longbed!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #10

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Wish mine was longbed!
Ur wanting the wheelbase huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Very fun to drive had a short bed 80 beater and an 83 sr5 short bed

Yea, I think I drive this more than my STi. It doesn't have the power, leather interior, cold AC, sunroof or cat like reflexes but can still make me smile.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #11

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Today I used my bad ass painting skills and got some stuff done! Not much really but it was raining all day so the paint took a bit longer to dry. I was courious as to how it's gonna turn out I put it back together. I'm gonna have to take it apart again to finish painting but I have a wheelin trip planned on Sun so I may just wait til Monday to tear it apart again. Anyway here's the proof!

Before and after

I'm going to wrap the steering wheel in paracord to be tacticool and all. Experimented a bit an I like it!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
looking forward to this build, been waiting for it since you mentioned it in the build of your wifes rig haha

I sigged your quote hope ya dont mind
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #13

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately it won't be built as fast. It's gonna be built to go slower so I reckon it's supposed to be that way!!! And quote away! That's the beauty of theses interwebs, everything we say is fair game!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Nothin but kudos from here. Sadly, I got rid of mine after 27 yrs and 500k miles when I got the 05 AC in 09. That lasted almost 2 yrs. Got 08 RC in 11 now that I will be holding onto much longer. Also got pile of leftover parts for yours featuring never installed RV cam, stainless valve springs & retainers. Pics of parts I have left are on pg 30 & 31 in my gallery. Glad to take fresh pics of anything you might be interested in. Stuff is boxed up in my attic.

Miss this thing still..........

Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #16

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I see it too! One of those ain't in my build plan but it is pretty cool hmmmm........
Old 09-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #17

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Got the steering wheel wrapped in paracord today. Turned out pretty sweet! Instead of the twist wrap I did a simple wrap, way easier and feels better.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck! I like what you did with the steering wheel.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #19

06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done any work on the truck these last couple weeks. Had a few other projects that I need to finish up then ill get back at it. I did take it camping with a couple buddies though!

A couple panoramic pics

And a pile of parts I ordered from Dave'z. I'll be tearin apart the front axle and upgrading the brakes in the next couple of weeks.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Cool pics, glad to see it out and about.............