Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 05-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #221
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Selling some lenses yo:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...4-5-6g-ed.html
Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #222
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I brought my t-bars down about a 1/2" or less today. The ride is much smoother and I have that slight factory rake again, but I'm back to rubbing on the front driver side tire when turning on any nasty incline/decline . . . It's okay for now.

On a side note: I have a weird feeling and nasty sound coming from my front driver side tire area as well. It kind of worries me but I can't pin point it . . .
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #223
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, build, man. Beautiful yota! Love the parking pics in the OP!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #224

The sound was a chunk of broken plastic hanging from the inner wheel well haha I'm sitting here inspecting every moving part I can and overlooked it . . . lame.

Thanks, Silas. I'm trying to keep it intact since so many of these things get chopped up and smashed and are getting more rare by the year. I'm back in the town that I took those horrible parking pics in for most of the Summer. It's the strangest phenomenon that it happens so prevalently here . . . Hopefully I can snag a series of bad parking pics this Summer and have nice long "DERP" themed post for ya haha
Old 05-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #225
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha awesome.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #226

I'm home! and only have a month to make progress before I leave town for six weeks.
Here's my canvass:

Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #227

Here's the plan to get my 2006 XT225 up and running again:

Stage 1:
New battery
42.5 pilot jet
130 main jet
Idle jet screw 2.5 turns out
Shim jet needle with 1mm washer
Adjust air screw
UNI air filter
Flush fluids
Clean carb
Grease chain

Stage2:
Front sprocket 16t
Wider foot pegs
Hand guards
Rear rack
Trim front fender 4”
Handlebars or spacer

Stage 3: (Not definite, still need to choose tires)
Rear 18x2.15” wheel laced to front hub
130/80x18 rear (26.19”x5.12”)
110/90x18 front (25.80”x4.33”)

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #229

Picture dump coming shortly. I have the topper off so I can haul it and the bike is cleaned up and ready to be worked on. I'll be cleaning the carb and I stopped by my local Yami dealer to order a battery and the jetting and some various junk. Then I'll drop it off for an oil change and whatnot and Stage 1 should be more than half complete. After that it's just little adjustments and ordering the air filter.

Also, truck looks very foreign to me with the topper off haha.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #230

Topper is off for the first time since I've owned the Pickup:

Bike is loaded up:

Took it to the shop for more room to work:

Man, Truck, Bike:

Cleaned off my dusty gear:

Finally broke 88,000

And one for the road:

Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #231

I drove an FR-S today.

I have to say it was . . . mediocre, at best.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #232

I trimmed my dual sport's front fender today

I drew in the new lines pretty similar to the old, but right how I wanted them:

Here's the rough cut before filing it down nice and smooth:

Stocker profile . . . derp:

Rough cut, before final shaping and filing:

I liked the stock shape and wanted to keep that widest point so I just bent some lines to make it work and look the way I pictured it in my head.

Here's the final product :
Old 05-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #234

I agree!

Now I need to start saving up for the tourer

Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #235

So I've been riding all week and have decided I may consider anything from a 90/10 to a 70/30 tire. It just wont do this bike justice to street it completely Even though it hurts my hands and back I've had too much fun riding off road and following train tracks to fully street it.

Problem is rear tires. Almost nothing I would like comes in an 18". I may have to compromise and get something that I don't quite want, but is "good enough".

Looking at Pirelli MT90s and maybe even Avon Distanzias. Both grip well on road but allow me to take a fire trail or dirt path here and there. Any recommendations are appreciated but I need street performace, both dry and wet, and the ability to do light off road once in a while. The problem is SIZE, not lack of options but lack of options in an 18 for the rear.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #236
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing yours makes me want one. I've always wanted a motorcylce, and it'd be nice to go stright form the highway to the trail.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #237

This little thing is physically capable of highway speeds, but that doesn't mean it should be there ha it gets really sketchy if there is any cross wind especially.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #238
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
This little thing is physically capable of highway speeds, but that doesn't mean it should be there ha it gets really sketchy if there is any cross wind especially.
Haha never mind then. I'll wait until I'm out of Missouri, way too windy!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #239

Get a V Strom if you'll be doing mostly highway and light off road occasionally.

If you want the ability to hit the highway whenever you want but want something that will do much better off road pick up a KLR 650. Relatively cheap, reliable, and tons of aftermarket following. People ride them to S. America and back, no problem.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #240

My XT225 is my commuter/trail bike.

I'd like to own those other two someday, starting with the Strom since I can off road with this bike already, but we'll see. I "want" a lot of things. Doesn't mean I'll get em ha.