LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 05-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #241
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I own two of the four vehicles that I'd like to:

2006 Yamaha XT225 [check] commuter/trail bike
2012 Suzuki V Strom 650 [ ] highway/light backroad bike

1993 Toyota Pickup [check] off road/snow truck
2008 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium [ ] daily driver/commuter/light backroad car
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #243
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Just caught up after my 6 weeks abroad. Looks great! I'm diggin' the sliders.
They always look so strange with the topper off. I took mine off at a mod day a few months ago to install bed rails and it looked so different and much smaller!
Great photography, too!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #244
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, man. Glad to hear from ya. I'll be doing six weeks abroad here soon as well.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #245

I've got chips in the hood that are rusting. I've been putting in a lot of highway time and must have caught a few big rocks.

Must be time to paint, finally . . .
Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #246

Also, almost hit 90k . . . She's getting old. I've put on a couple hundred since this shot.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #247

This is my new gas saver / exercise machine.

On my first ride I hit 23.7 miles per hour. I wasn't even through the gears yet. Should be fun

Old 07-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #248
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How do you have such low mileage? My truck just passed 190k and I thought that was low for it's age.

Yeah man, road bikes are great! I have an old ten speed up at Davis that my dad built back in the 80's. Breaking 30mph on flat ground is an awesome feeling!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #249

PO was some older guy who hardly drove it. It just sat and a few times a year he would use it for this or that. It had 81,777 the day I first say in it and drove it home. And I don't put too many miles on either between this, my motorcycle, my bike and my brother or girlfriends cars. So it'll be a sweet little gem for my kid someday. I ain't giving it to a teenager though. They destroy everything. Haha.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #250
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed you haven't done the 82' Supra AFM swap yet. I did that on my 86' 22RE and it made a world of difference!

Truck looks great by the way!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #251

Thanks, man.

I haven't done much of anything yet. I have too many hobbies to divert my time. I prefer to build each one up slowly but surely though. That way I don't get burnt out on any one in particular. All that stuff on the list will be done before I have kids most likely ha well, all of it that doesn't change between now and then. I just got a new lens for my camera a while back and got some parts for my new bike yesterday. The dirt bike still needs some tinkering. And so on . . . I don't understand how people on here can blow thousands of dollars a month, take out credit cards and loans, and neglect very important aspects of life, all for an inanimate object, and not think that it's an unhealthy or childish obsession.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #252

Craving 255/85s, 4.56 regear, 1.5" lift and LSD/locker lately . . . If only they had more siped AT options in 255/85 . . .
Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #253
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Craving 255/85s, 4.56 regear, 1.5" lift and LSD/locker lately . . . If only they had more siped AT options in 255/85 . . .
mmmmmm 255/85's look perrrfect...
Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #254

got pics on a reg cab Pickup with minimal lift?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #255
LensCap

I haven't searched but I don't have any off hand. I'm just thinking that they look like the perfect tire for what I do. A little bit bigger but not too big and narrow. I like the narrow look.

Edit: Found an '89 extended cab with 255/75/17's on tundra rims. Looks pretty good, but it's a different look from the 15's that I have and the 16's that you have, so it's difficult to tell: http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=13
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #256

IMO, 16s are already pushing it on these tiny Pickups. When I see people running 17s with a less than 35" tire I don't give it a second look.

I do think that 255/85s are the "perfect" size for these Pickups though. A little over 33" is enough to go most places, small enough to DD on, and will require very minimal trimming/lift. If I can run 31.7" tires on zero lift I'm hoping to be able to run 33.x" tires with a little trimming and hammering and IF need be a 1-1.5" lift.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #257

33.2 - 31.7 = 1.5 / 2 = 0.75

I won't mind the 3/4" or more extra ground clearance either.

KM2s are about 33.4 so it would actually be 0.85" but I'm really trying to find options in an AT that will handle snow and ice well. I do more snow and ice driving than any other so I cannot sacrifice that side of things for something else. It has to be priority.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #258

Just back in here to waste my 4,000th post.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #259
TBeers is on a distinguished road

TBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some of the best looking rims I have seen around, simple and good looking!! What are they, where'd you get em?

Thanks,

-Tom
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBeers View Post
Those are some of the best looking rims I have seen around, simple and good looking!! What are they, where'd you get em?

Thanks,

-Tom
Contact Dustin with FN Wheels. Some of the best customer service I've personally experienced. Great guy and great wheels. They're only 18.5 ish lbs and come in gunmetal, black and bronze.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-offroads.html