Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #281
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, you getting that CB500X "shoon"

Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #282
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad someone thought Sean Connery and not typo haha
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #283
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, sweet sig pic! I'm assuming you took the picture?
Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #284
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Dude, sweet sig pic! I'm assuming you took the picture?
Yup, this is the original that I cropped it down from.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #285

I just started updating my Flickr again. I have thousands of photos to go through and put up so I just put up the most recent few. It takes far too long.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93417818@N02/
Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #286
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn! They both look sick! You've got some mad photo skills.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #287

I'm definitely on the noob end of ameture haha I just started this Summer and didn't even get out of Auto mode and start taking it seriously until this school year started. I really genuinely love it though. It's been a great stress reliever and helps a lot with unlearning stressful habits from the Marine Corps actually.

I'm looking for and capturing beauty now rather than constantly watching for threats. Good stuff
Old 11-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #288
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
So jealous of your pictures! Even your old ones from your D5100 are a hundred times better than mine....
Old 11-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
So jealous of your pictures! Even your old ones from your D5100 are a hundred times better than mine....
Oh, not true, man! Yours are looking great already! Just keep at it, dude.
How are things going on the photography front? Favorites? Challenges?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #290

I'm waiting until 2014 and maybe a ways longer but I think the future of photography is in mirrorless. I go to a lot of national parks and travel a lot and whatever, not to mention my bad back and hands, and I would LOVE to go to a smaller/lighter camera with nearly equal quality.

My buddy is leaving after he graduates to go travel the world for about a year and he said he wanted a camera like mine. I told him he may want something more compact since he's going to be living out of a backpack. Then I showed him this. Which, honestly, is more than enough for any enthusiast.

Sony NEX 6 (many successors and answers to Sony are coming in 2014, which is why I'm waiting).

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D7...ny-Alpha-NEX-6

He will essentially be losing out on weather sealing and a little bit better quality photos for MUCH more travel-friendly size and weight. On top of that the cost is less for body and lenses.

I'm not converting yet, but I promise ya haha 2014 will have a lot of companies stepping up to Sony putting out these, the successor to the 7 as well as the worlds first consumer affordable Full Frame, Mirror-less, Interchangeable lens, cameras with autofocus.

Welcome to the future of photography haha you just wait and see

This is where I see myself by 2014, if not by 2015 at the latest.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #291
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I'm definitely on the noob end of ameture haha I just started this Summer and didn't even get out of Auto mode and start taking it seriously until this school year started. I really genuinely love it though. It's been a great stress reliever and helps a lot with unlearning stressful habits from the Marine Corps actually.

I'm looking for and capturing beauty now rather than constantly watching for threats. Good stuff
That's the most enlightening thing I've seen all day! It sounds fantastic and that's awesome for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Seriously, I've been in and out of photography for around 4 years and my pictures are never that good...

In terms of small/compactness of the cameras for traveling, I use a point and shoot nikon coolpix s8200 that I took to Australia and Argentina in the last year that takes pictures of similar quality as my t2i. I also take it climbing and backpacking because it's so much lighter and much less bulky. I'll try and post some of my favorite pictures from that camera into the photography thread sometime soon. I've been getting much more into birding lately and I used to use my camera to help ID the birds because I can take the picture and then ID it later but now my binocs are better and faster than my camera so I've stopped taking my camera out. I should take more bird photos...
Old 11-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #292

Go ahead and post any photos you want here, man. I love photography more than wheeling even haha blasphemy, I know.

I like the Sony RX100 for super-compactness, however I think the APS-C sensor NEX-6 (and 7) are the perfect compromise between size and performance if you're looking for something smaller than a DSLR.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #293

My latest endeavor has been into HDR and just playing with lights. I'm a complete noob at it, and have only been doing it for about a week but it is a lot of fun ha

These are just some of my most recent attempts. I'm still learning the technique, but it is fun ha practice, practice, practice some more.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #294
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just want you to know I am pumped for you to get your lights!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #295

Haha should be this week or next! Finally! Haha
Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #296
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha should be this week or next! Finally! Haha
Hmm...
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #297

If I don't get them until December it will have been one whole year.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
which lights? i like lights..
Man, what do you know about lights? haha

I kept breaking housings/plastic/glass when trying to take the cheap things apart so I asked burt (ambiguous) to finish my retrofit. He does killer work and was officially affiliated with TRS so I sent them to him. It has been a long time haha He texted me and let me know he should finish them this week.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #300
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, what do you know about lights? haha

I kept breaking housings/plastic/glass when trying to take the cheap things apart so I asked burt (ambiguous) to finish my retrofit. He does killer work and was officially affiliated with TRS so I sent them to him. It has been a long time haha He texted me and let me know he should finish them this week.

ahhh the retros..something i don't not have..or really want..but damn thats a long time! haha glad they are coming finally.