LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #21
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Heading east or west? Or north?? GBR!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #22
4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I love this truck.

Might be my favorite Reg. Cab on all of TW.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #23
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Heading east or west? Or north?? GBR!
I headed North to the Dakotas for the holidays, nothing like heading north in the winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
Man, I love this truck.

Might be my favorite Reg. Cab on all of TW.
Wow man, quite the honor haha I've got quite a few favorites with a bit more done to them than mine but hope to keep tinkering away at this one until it's quite formidable

It's hard to like our trucks as is, when you keep seeing them in your head the way they could be! haha
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I thought you guys might want to see my other project I worked on tonight. It's not technically a Toyota but it is another very reputable name, LEGO

Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #25

58" BAMF sliders ordered
Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #26

Starting with the Trail Gear Bumper as my original design, I have starting the drawing stages of the bumper I'd like to build here shortly.

I'm bringing the main bars in closer to the body, I don't like it sticking out so far. Re-designing the plate to hold a receiver hitch up top and my license plate on the bottom. Instead of the bar from the plate to the main bar being a straight shot I added some body (kind of like the addicted offroad bumper) and brought it outward and added a bend in it. Should make for a more square and solid look from the front. It also gives me more room to put some light tabs for fog lights in there as well as the ability to add a secondary bottom bar on the side wings, also adding more body to the overall appearance as well as one more bar something has to go through to get to me truck I hope to mount the blinkers in those little guys.

Please let me know what you guys think. I'm still in mock up stages and have never welded a bumper before so let me know if there is any advice or suggestions. Thanks

here's a quick sketch of what I see the front view coming out as:

I made some very minor revisions.
Attached Thumbnails
93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build-0803-0007.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #27

Started mocking up the rear bumper, edited To Do List in OP, Goodnight TW.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #28

Temporary speedo reminder haha

Too much driving through construction for the holidays. Didn't want a ticket for miscalculating in my head.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. those wheels made it look 100x better!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #30
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
58" BAMF sliders ordered
niiiice.
FYI, when I had mine installed at a shop they bent the pinch weld up at the legs. When they flex now they don't push into the body too much. The other option that I've heard is doing a 1" body lift, but that just doesn't appeal to me.

Quote:
Temporary speedo reminder haha

Too much driving through construction for the holidays. Didn't want a ticket for miscalculating in my head.
You know what's funny, my speedo is off by the same numbers! I haven't written it out for all speeds, but I know that the 55 and 60 ones are the same for me.

I'm looking forward to your custom rear bumper! I can't find one online that I like...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #31
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
looks good man. those wheels made it look 100x better!
Thanks man, I agree. Love how light they are also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
niiiice.
FYI, when I had mine installed at a shop they bent the pinch weld up at the legs. When they flex now they don't push into the body too much. The other option that I've heard is doing a 1" body lift, but that just doesn't appeal to me.

You know what's funny, my speedo is off by the same numbers! I haven't written it out for all speeds, but I know that the 55 and 60 ones are the same for me.

I'm looking forward to your custom rear bumper! I can't find one online that I like...
Thanks for the heads up about the pinch weld. I was looking in there and wondering what I was going to have to do to make them fit. I don't do BL so I'll have to do what you did I suppose. Do you think a slight angle downward on the legs would be horrible for the integrity of the sliders? ha only other thing I can think of.

Are you running 265/75-16s or close to on 4.10s? That'd do it. I'll be regearing to 4.56 when I can afford the TrueTracs

Let me know if you have ideas for mocking a bumper up, I'd be glad to help out. I've "drawn up" a few for other people, just never welded one for myself. I have a pretty solid idea of what I want for myself in my head after finals I hope to have enough time to work on it.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #33
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man, I agree. Love how light they are also.

Thanks for the heads up about the pinch weld. I was looking in there and wondering what I was going to have to do to make them fit. I don't do BL so I'll have to do what you did I suppose. Do you think a slight angle downward on the legs would be horrible for the integrity of the sliders? ha only other thing I can think of.

Are you running 265/75-16s or close to on 4.10s? That'd do it. I'll be regearing to 4.56 when I can afford the TrueTracs

Let me know if you have ideas for mocking a bumper up, I'd be glad to help out. I've "drawn up" a few for other people, just never welded one for myself. I have a pretty solid idea of what I want for myself in my head after finals I hope to have enough time to work on it.
My sliders are angled slightly down, but only by maybe 2 degrees. Jerry's sliders are super beefy, so I don't think angling them down will compromise any integrity. Just be sure to weld the gussets on after you weld the legs to the frame plate. Then you won't have big gaps between the gussets and the frame.

I actually have the stock 15" rims and am running 31" tires (not sure what that is in the other scale...) and to be honest I have no idea what gearing I have, but it's the stock gearing. I want to go up to 33" tires when I can get a little lift, and after that I'll probably consider regearing. I really like my gear ratios right now, though...Low 4 is suuuuuper low.

For sure! I'll see if I can think of something, but yeah I'll need to get through finals first, too. I would like it to follow the lines of the truck better, but I'm not sure how realistic that will be with a tube bumper. My girlfriend took one look at the trail gear rear bumper and was disgusted at how off the lines were
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #34

The lines will be good with my design I'm ocd like it's cool haha

E-brake is acting up in the cold. It already barely did anything in the first place. I didn't pull it out enough the other day and hopped out to grab something quick without putting it in gear and the truck started rolling down the hill haha now that it's cold it I can barely pull it back, so . . . gotta at that to the fix it list
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #35
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
In for the long haul on this...I wish my truck was still that mint!

Love the Dynapro's but hate that zuk mod. just not my favorite. All together the trucks awesome
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
In for the long haul on this...I wish my truck was still that mint!

Love the Dynapro's but hate that zuk mod. just not my favorite. All together the trucks awesome
Thanks man. The Zuk is temporary until I decide to get the Dakars and T-bars but there is really no need for now. Like I've said, goona DD it for a while, fix it up, get all the little things just the way I like it, then worry about the rest.

Just finished skimming your build on the Marlin Board. I'm a member there too but I'm pretty sure I have about 1-5 posts ha even YT is dead compared to here. Thanks for the compliments. Hope the money tree grows faster so I can keep up with my ideas
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Thanks man. The Zuk is temporary until I decide to get the Dakars and T-bars but there is really no need for now. Like I've said, goona DD it for a while, fix it up, get all the little things just the way I like it, then worry about the rest.

Just finished skimming your build on the Marlin Board. I'm a member there too but I'm pretty sure I have about 1-5 posts ha even YT is dead compared to here. Thanks for the compliments. Hope the money tree grows faster so I can keep up with my ideas
If it were me i wouldnt mess with an aftermarket Tbar. I have been in a few trucks that ride like crap with them. I ran the stocks for 3 years and when i dialed it in it was super smooth. I did a BJ spacer for more travel and the bracket lift but relaxed the bars a lot. Wheeled it hard and loved it. The steering was the weak link in the IFS so i moved on to a SAS and that was the start of madness.

A small crank will get you the same effect as far as lift goes but not get the crazy bounce. Just dont get crazy and crank those things way down.

Can i snag the seeds for the money tree? I planted one on the ocean front property in AZ I got but havent got out to take care of it
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #38

I've read over on YT about the aftermarket ones not being optimal but haven't searched it out yet (something about larger diameter ones actually being worse) don't remember really, it was a long time ago.

33.4 is as tall as I'll go while I DD it, so the Dakars (maybe, minus the third) and a bj spacer of 1" at most was the highest I wanted to go IF some trimming didn't leave it just fine.

Only reason I wanted to beef up the rear is I have plans for a rear bumper (hopefully swing out for the spare) and a long range fuel tank or aux tank someday . . .
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #39

Quote:
I've read over on YT about the aftermarket ones not being optimal but haven't searched it out yet (something about larger diameter ones actually being worse) don't remember really, it was a long time ago.

33.4 is as tall as I'll go while I DD it, so the Dakars (maybe, minus the third) and a bj spacer of 1" at most was the highest I wanted to go IF some trimming didn't leave it just fine.

Only reason I wanted to beef up the rear is I have plans for a rear bumper (hopefully swing out for the spare) and a long range fuel tank or aux tank someday . . .
Go for a rear leaf to get some height...Even a shackle will help. The front id get your bj spacer, get the Roger brown diff drop kit and relax the bars as needed. if you can run a 33/10.5 you will be good. you can run up to a 35/10.5 with only a pinch weld pound IF you run the stock offset wheel. with a front bumper and winch you will have a nice soft ride that is good for a DD and the rear wont be violent and with the topper and bumper you will have a nice usable, off and onroad rig. Im looking for an 87-89 xtra cab to make mint! I want 33/10.5's on stock SR5 wheels. Bone stock looking body. Maybe some small armor and a rear elocker. other then that mint stock condition i can drive in the winter rather then try pushing my lexus in the snow. haha.....With the axles on my truck its a pain to drive and its going under the knife in a few weeks anyways.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #40

Thanks for the input man

When the time comes, I shall refer back to here haha

Products Discussed in this Thread