Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 05-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #401
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
My cautious/frugal side keeps coming back to the CBX over the FZ-09.

I'd take either used or new but new will be easier to find.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #403
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Love me the sound of a good V-Twin personally ha

Have you considered the Suzuki SFV 650?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #405

Dual Sport is a good call. really so versatile. Even an SM with some good tires can do a lot.

What models do you have in mind? What kind of experience do you have as far as time and bikes, etc? I grew up on dirtbikes so as much as I love cruising on a big bike it's just not as fun for me as something small and nimble. Which is why I never sold my 2006 Yamaha XT225. Simple little thing, but it gets me around town and get's good mileage doing it.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #406
Made you look!
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
My experience is about a year of neighborhood TERROR (lol) on a drz125. It got me hooked and now i want to go further.
I am currently desperately trying to get into my local college's Basic Rider Course so i can have a better head on my shoulders before just getting the permit and go out thinking i know everything. I'm 6'1" 180lbs so a 250 isn't exactly my first choice since i am keeping in mind that i will have some interstate travel. Thats why i'd like to have a 400(klx400/drz400s or sm). I've been considering 650s (dr650,xr650,klr650) but they weigh another 30-50lbs more and don't seem to have quite as much aftermarket love as the 400 and i don't think i need quite that much power. My brother had a dr650 and he described it as heavy and you had to throttle the piss out of it to get it where you wanted to go but it always went, while shredding the back tire of course...
Old 05-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #407

DRZ should be plenty for ya for a long while. Super fun bikes.

If you've got a penny or two there's always the KTM 500 EXC ha
Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #408

First post I found on it. A little over the top on praising it, but it's big and mean ha

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/05/01...xc-first-ride/
Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #409
Made you look!
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
DRZ should be plenty for ya for a long while. Super fun bikes.

If you've got a penny or two there's always the KTM 500 EXC ha
KTMs scare me....they are just to finicky and maintenance heavy from what i hear

On that note, the only KTM i ever considered was the 350exc and i'm not made of money. I can see people buying the 450 and 500 for only another grand or so though
Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #410

Precisely why I stick to Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki if I can help it haha
Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #412

I think part of it is the whole, once someone points it out you notice it more, thing, but I have buddies with both and they always seem to be fixing something. Usually mid-trip to try and get home haha

Just like I'd feel safer in a Toyota than a Chrysler, same with a Honda over a BMW bike.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #414
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
I has a Honda quad
Old 05-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #416

Got my larger footpegs and hand guards installed today. Tomorrow I jet the carb, throw the new air filter in, change the front sprocket and when that's done I drop it off for new tread.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #417

XT225 by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr

Old 07-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #420

Nice! Good job, man!

Let me know what you narrow it down to and what factors you're taking into consideration.

Things are great here. I haven't been on hardly at all because I'm in Israel. I've been here over a month and have about a week left before I head home. I've gotten so many great pictures. Can't wait to share some when I get home. For some reason Flickr won't let me sign in from here.

Other than that just enjoying life and meeting as many people as I can. This place is amazing!

How you been?