Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #41
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
No problem. It's not the only way just some things I learned and read. My plan is a stock leaf pack with no sag and a longer shackle for a tiny bit of height. The bj spacer diff drop factory skid modded to make sure the diff is protected. Nice shocks maybe 5125s or something. Like I said an elocker would be perfect and due to it being 22re I hope and us being so high I may over gear a little. It's gotta pull a trailer and haul stuff plus 33/10.5 tires. I may do a soft topper like my truck cause I love those things. Header, cam and some tuning work to the motor but other wise stock. Interior will be sr5 stock stuff. I have killed tons of them now its time to start restoring them. The mods will be usable but not crazy.

My truck can still be a dd but it attracts idiots on the road. I'm too high stress to have some idiot try screwing with me daily.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #42
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
Go for a rear leaf to get some height...Even a shackle will help. The front id get your bj spacer, get the Roger brown diff drop kit and relax the bars as needed. if you can run a 33/10.5 you will be good. you can run up to a 35/10.5 with only a pinch weld pound IF you run the stock offset wheel. with a front bumper and winch you will have a nice soft ride that is good for a DD and the rear wont be violent and with the topper and bumper you will have a nice usable, off and onroad rig. Im looking for an 87-89 xtra cab to make mint! I want 33/10.5's on stock SR5 wheels. Bone stock looking body. Maybe some small armor and a rear elocker. other then that mint stock condition i can drive in the winter rather then try pushing my lexus in the snow. haha.....With the axles on my truck its a pain to drive and its going under the knife in a few weeks anyways.
Great info, man, thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #43
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
The lines will be good with my design I'm ocd like it's cool haha

E-brake is acting up in the cold. It already barely did anything in the first place. I didn't pull it out enough the other day and hopped out to grab something quick without putting it in gear and the truck started rolling down the hill haha now that it's cold it I can barely pull it back, so . . . gotta at that to the fix it list
^this...too much stuff to do! And my reverse lights just stopped working...
For now I put my extra rear lights on so I just have to turn those on when I go in reverse if I care enough or if I remember.

I like the sound of your rear bumper with a spare tire swing out and a possible long-range fuel tank thing. After finding that expo thread, I think my wallet's screwed... money tree?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #44

Thanks guys... I did some ifs stuff pre sas. I miss having a stockish rig for a driver.

When it comes time to plan your bumper lmk. I built my rear and tire carrier. The hinge latch and plate were all parts I ordered and everything else was built. The carrier held up to a ford econoline van hitting me at 45 and all it did was scratch the paint. Well scuff it. 2 hand washes and the marks almost gone.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #45
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, I'm going to order the hinge and latch as a kit then weld up the design

Wish weight was less of an issue but just hauling two people and all their junk on a hilly highway last week, I could really feel it haha. Gotta keep things light. . .
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #46

Well look in to the iron pig hinge. When you put it on double sheer it and you won't have an issue. Mines been awesome and I didn't do the 2nd point yet. I used carrlane for the latch. Ballistic fab has the tire plate with studs. No lugs tho.

My bumper is thick but the carrier is all 3/16. Worked out great
Old 11-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #47
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This seemed like a good parts list. . .
http://www.emsoffroad.com/store/inde...roducts_id=181
Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #49

Looks like a pretty nice kit. The latch is a little different then mine and the hub mounting part is too. My hinge uses oil impregnated bronze bushings that you don't have to oil or anything. Mine might have added up a little higher. I will get some pics up when I get to my computer
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
subbed You have a very nice pickup.
Your runner is pretty nice too

I'd trade a wee bit of my mint-ness for a wee bit of your capability and call it a day haha I've got a long way to go but am enjoying it as is
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #51

TO DO LIST:
To Do Soon:
-Finish D2S projector retrofit
-Weld on Sliders
-CD Player and speakers
-Sound Deadener
-Full size spare (235/85r16)
-M1 Synthetic Differential Fluid
-LCE Performance Intake Performance Package (Big bore intake manifold and throttle body, and fuel injectors)
-Pro Cam
-Wet Okole Seat Covers
-Seat pad/lumbar support of some kind
-20% windshield banner

This list is staring me in the face wondering why it's being neglected^

This one understands it's the holidays and my wallet is empty:

To Do Later:
-Jungle Fender Flares
-Marlin Short Shifter
-Custom Front Bumper
-LightForce 140 Lance Fogs (Amber lens)
-Custom Rear Bumper (swingout?)
-Electric radiator fan?
-Dakar leaf pack (minus third?)
-OME Torsion bars
-CB Radio (Cobra+Wilson)
-Long Range Fuel Tank! (+Aux?)
-4.56 gears
-F+R TrueTrac LSDs
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #52

here are a few pics of my carrier..I wont hijack after this..Just throwing out ideas for ya.

Thats right after i was hit by a ford econoline van going 45 and i was stopped.
building it

I thought i had more. I will look on my phone and see.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #53

Thanks man, no worries on thread jacking if it's pics of that beaut!

I'm realizing my bumpers may be further down the road than I would like anyways, looking at a few thousand dollar trip to Jerusalem this summer instead of sitting around modding haha
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #54
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
here are a few pics of my carrier..I wont hijack after this..Just throwing out ideas for ya.

Thats right after i was hit by a ford econoline van going 45 and i was stopped.
building it

I thought i had more. I will look on my phone and see.
Damn that looks sick. I have been wanting to build a rear bumper like that, thanks for posting.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #55

New 22R-E sticker:

cleaning up nice

Next step up here is big bore throttle body and intake manifold (might get new TPS while I'm in there) fuel injectors, and probably a new cam, Pro or Pro torquer from LCE.

Thoughts on electric radiator fans? I don't cross water much but have a line on a new one and may or may not get it. Leaning towards no, now that I'm pushing a little extra power with some of these mods I don't think any difference it would have made to free up power (if any) will be noticable.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #56

Electric fans are good. I run one on my truck. I just sit and let my truck cool before goig through anything really deep. I have never had any issues with it. I ran one on my 22r for 3+ years and didn't have an issue either. I recommend getting a 2 speed setup. I run it on mine and when my AC is on it comes on high. I'm adding a 90s runner AC fan to it later to make sure it cools well on 100+ days. I had a few days on trail at high elevation with the AC on it got toasty
Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #57

Might have a Black Magic S-blade lined up. Seems to be popular on YT and MC. We'll see.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #58

e fan didn't work out, not too worried about it, maybe later when more important things are done with I'll reconsider.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #59

Just bought some junk for the truck. Installing tomorrow instead of studying

Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #60
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Love your truck. Subbed for more eye candy. Nice build.