Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Blacked out Tundra

Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Blacked out Tundra

Before I was a Tacoma owner I was Tundra owner. My father gave me his 2000 Tundra 4x4 with 4.7 V8 engine. It had maybe 70 or 80k on it when I got it. When he passed it on to me the exterior looked like crap. The paint had water damage on it from our sprinkler's, dents and scratches were everywhere on the truck. But I didn't care I loved it, I loved it so much I actually sold my 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, which was a beautiful car, but wasn't for me. I quickly started saving and began working on ways to make it truly mine. So I got together with my cousin and we thought of ideas that would make my tundra one of a kind.
I ended up picking a paint called "Astro Black" which is from the mini coopers, it was like a grayish blue black. The rims, I have no idea what they are my father picked them up long ago from a rim shop in Miami, they claimed that it was their personal design. Since I worked at Goodyear, worst place ever, I got a good deal on a set of duratracs 285/60/20, at that point no one had duratracs and my managers had never sold them to anyone. So I was the first to grab them. I also had a 2 1/2 inch level kit from readylift that was installed by a family friend and I.
I sold the truck in September of 2011, due to it just being old and it being a huge gas hog, I miss it but at the same time I don't.
Also before I sold it my rear end went out on the highway, took it to my shop and took it apart found some of teeth on the ring and pinion were destroyed. So that help decision a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra1.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra2.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra3.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra4.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra5.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra6.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra7.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra8.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra9.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra10.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra11.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra12.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra13.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra14.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra15.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra16.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra17.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra18.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra19.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra20.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra21.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra22.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra23.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra24.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra25.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra26.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra27.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra28.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra29.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra30.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra31.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra32.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra33.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra34.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra35.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra36.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra37.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra38.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra39.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra40.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra41.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra42.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra43.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra44.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra45.jpg  

Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra46.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra47.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra48.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra49.jpg   Blacked out Tundra-project-tundra50.jpg  

Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco24 View Post
Before I was a Tacoma owner I a Tundra owner. My father gave me his 2000 Tundra 4x4 with 4.7 V8 engine. It had maybe 70 or 80k on it when I got it. When he passed it on to me the exterior looked like crap. The paint had water damage on it from our sprinkler's, dents and scratches were everywhere on the truck. But I didn't care I loved it, I loved it so much I actually sold my 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, which was a beautiful car, but wasn't for me. I quickly started saving and began working on ways to make it truly mine. So I got together with my cousin and we thought of ideas that would make my tundra one of a kind.
I ended up picking a paint called "Astro Black" which is from the mini coopers, it was like a grayish blue black. The rims, I have no idea what they are my father picked them up long ago from a rim shop in Miami, they claimed that it was their personal design. Since I worked at Goodyear, worst place ever, I got a good deal on a set of duratracs, at that point no one had duratracs and my managers had never sold them to anyone. So I was the first to grab them. I also had a 2 1/2 inch level kit from readylift that was installed by a family friend and I.
I sold the truck in September of 2011, due to it just being old and it being a huge gas hog, I miss it but at the same time I don't.
Also before I sold it my rear end went out on the highway, took it to my shop and took it apart found some of teeth on the ring and pinion were destroyed. So that help decision a little more.
Cool build man!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
nice tundy
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
nice tundy
Thank you, kind of wish I still had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
Cool build man!
Thank you.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
SixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alexander
SixLugThug's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is sweet
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
Just a man and his truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixLugThug View Post
That thing is sweet
thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Loving the blacked out look, hating the light covers.

You're asking for a lawsuit bud.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #8
Just a man and his truck

Yeah they were not covers . and i knew the risk of having thoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Loving the blacked out look, hating the light covers.

You're asking for a lawsuit bud.