Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Why not, my 2004 RM 125 build!

Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Why not, my 2004 RM 125 build!

First off, Thanks for looking! My 2nd love happens to be my dirtbike so I figured I'd post up a build page for it, even though it isn't a toyota. I bought it back in '08 when I was in 8th grade and have owned it happily ever since. It came bone stock except for a set of yz bend protapers and scott handgrips. I may not have pictures in order of mods but I'll do the best I can.

Heres a recent picture. Ill have to get a good one since I put the pipe on.

And here it is the day I got it, or close to it.

I didn't like the handgrips and was dying to get some bling so i got a factory effex fender graphics kit and a set of progrip grips. I also got a new brake lever since the old one was about an inch long. I eventually got an fmf shorty as my first performance mod. I love the way it changed the sound and I did notice a good increase in my low end power.

This past summer I realized it was time for some more serious upgrades. I smoked my clutch bad riding out in the badlands so I had to fix that. I went with the dirtracer disk and spring kit. It was pretty cheap and very easy to install and I now have a pretty firm clutch.

I also did my top end with a wiseco kit since it was 4 years old. Alot of people say that you need to do it every year but I never raced and never had any problems, so it was fine. I just did it simply because I wanted more power and guessed the old piston was probably worn pretty bad. Heres some pics of it stripped down in my garage.

And here come the goodies!

new piston

Old piston

New one installed. Oh, and Ill ad that I ALMOST dropped the wristpin keeper down in the case. I almost shat because i didn't want to be ripping apart a bottom end too. I got so lucky, it was just sitting on the edge of the crank. Next time ill make sure i have a rag covering the crank and case. Lesson learned, thankfully not the hard way.
I also learned that its a bitch to get the the cylender over the ring and get the pin lined up.

But I did it, and here it is looking like a bike again. I also installed an fmf factory fatty and some vforce reeds. Surprisingly, no re-jetting required thus far.
Oh, and I almost forgot that before all this I got some rockstar/makita/suzuki shroud graphics. Love the look.

I also have some acerbis handguardsbut don't have them on at the moment.

I also recently got some sealsavers and a motion pro seal cleaner. Very handy things to have.
And I replaced the front tire with an artrax. So far its a good tire and the price is unbeatable.

Since I did all the upgrades the bike is scary fast to me. Theres no comparison to stock. Sadly I did lose alot of my bottom end power, but the powerband is crazy, even if it comes at a lot higher rpm. Its ok though because I plan to gear it lower since my sprockets and chain are shot anyway.

And heres some random pics.

Sorry for the terrible pics, but its all I have at the moment. And yes, some of them ARE cellphone pictures of videos I uploaded on my computer because I haven't figured out how to capture a still shot and save it yet.

And last, but not least, one of the bikes in my truck, and yea, there's three of them in there

And heres one I just found with my pipe on.

Well there it is! My next upcoming mods will likely be a new chain and sprockets for sure, some new levers and mounts, maybe some pastrana bend handlebars and possibly a set of freestyle plastic. Maybe one day I'll even have enough money for some different rims.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery

Loving it!!! Perhaps i hay start a DBike build page hahaha!

Makes me jelly, i want money to put into my bike, i just got a sponsorship from Yoshimira, DeCal Works and Renthal so i wana buy a bunch of shit!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wish i had sponsors . the racing circuit here isn't big enough for that really plus i can't race because it requires a waiver which my parents won't sign, because i'm not 18. It kinda sucks because i'd really love to race!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
wish i had sponsors . the racing circuit here isn't big enough for that really plus i can't race because it requires a waiver which my parents won't sign, because i'm not 18. It kinda sucks because i'd really love to race!
Really? why don't your parents support racing?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Dirty mall crawler

They just know im gonna crash and be a parapalegic the rest of my life. Too dangerous they say...but they let me play football
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Haha looks like im not the only one who managed to smash three bikes in the back of the lil yota. Looks good. Those twostroke run like crazy with a new top end. I got my KTM 200 xcw up to 82 mph in texas on the highway. Little sketchy with knobby tires.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
Dirty mall crawler

Yea dude i'd say. I wanna gear mine down so i can hit the powerband a little quicker climbing hills and riding in tight spots
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
NorthWest Member

Yeah some parents are hella worried but shit happens. We can roll around in wheel chair together

My mom actually got me into racing when i was 8, been doing it ever since.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Dirty mall crawler

When im 18 ill probly start. I went to a local race this summer and flagged and i know i could be at least B class. Most ppl in c class are terrible. Plus my friends moms boyfriend who is very rich has a '11 yz250f he said je'd let me race at his expense!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
NorthWest Member

Quote:
When im 18 ill probly start. I went to a local race this summer and flagged and i know i could be at least B class. Most ppl in c class are terrible. Plus my friends moms boyfriend who is very rich has a '11 yz250f he said je'd let me race at his expense!
Well class B is Intermediate, if you've never raced i wouldn't recommend that class, but class C is the worst because you have people too slow and too fast.

250f FTW
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
Dirty mall crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Well class B is Intermediate, if you've never raced i wouldn't recommend that class, but class C is the worst because you have people too slow and too fast.

250f FTW
Oh i would definitely race c class for awhile to get used to it. But most c class riders here are terrible. Alot of em wont even hit the doubles...just roll through em. There arent even any tripples at our track either.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Oh i would definitely race c class for awhile to get used to it. But most c class riders here are terrible. Alot of em wont even hit the doubles...just roll through em. There arent even any tripples at our track either.
lol Class C riders around here clear every jump.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
Dirty mall crawler

Yea, my only problem would be starts and holeshots i think. I tried some practice starts on my 125 and cant keep the damn front end on the ground!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
C.Sickler251 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
C.Sickler251's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=4aIGmzBrmXo#!

This is why i refuse to race C class. I would rather pull tenth in B class then be plowed into and ran over in C class and possibly take top 3 trying. Here in NE we have one of the fastest riders racing the local series in the country.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea dude i'd say. I wanna gear mine down so i can hit the powerband a little quicker climbing hills and riding in tight spots
Im not sure if your RM has this but there is an adjustment called the Power Valve and you can adjust it so the powerband hits differently. Ive messed with mine a little on my KTM. Gearing down always works too. We did it on our CR125r
Old 12-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
Dirty mall crawler

I dont think mine has a powrvalve. Couldnt find one and book didnt say anything either.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Dirty mall crawler

Thanks dude! Definitely the only other thing i love as much as my taco.if i ever had to choose it would be tough.