Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

RussellG's on going project. 87 DLX longbed.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #41
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you make it out this way lmk my truck will be down on and off the next few months but I'm sure we can make some wheeling happen. We have an Fj cruiser too
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #42
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
For sure man, thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #43
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
If you guys ever make it out to NE I could show you a few slightly graded hills you could drive up and back down . . . . .

Can't wait to move ha
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #44
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha, and if you come out to CA there are tons of awesome trails but my truck can't do a fair number of the best ones...so we should just all go to CO where the trails that I've heard of are good and we can drool over Russell's beast
Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #45
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I want to head to SW Wyoming, near CO and near Moab . . . and not near any people
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #46

Like I said its cool to have people come out. I live about 40 minutes from Wyoming. I will be out in ca a few times this year. My girl is racing out there in jan and I'm going to bring the truck out for the truck show that global puts on.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
04Tacomabuild is on a distinguished road

Name: Reese
04Tacomabuild's Tacoma Gallery
This truck is awesome! I love the interior swap. How did you do the FJ gauges? I was thinking about that while driving one into work the other day.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #48

Thanks!

The Fj gauges have been a a pain. I'm still still stumped on the last wire for the ambient temp sensor. I'm pretty sure its goin to take me robbing the AC amplifier from the Fj and run it standalone for the gauge. In a newer taco or a rig with an AC amplifier that runs and ambient temp sensor you wouldn't have to swap it but my 00 Tacoma won't allow it. Other then that the harness is figured out. I have to make some time to snag that from the Fj and the harness is figured out.

The stereo controls are finished I just need to upgrade the stereo to allow it to work. My alpine is a little out of date.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #49

Anyone good with photoshop? As part of my rebuild I'm refinishing my wheels. Thinking about powder coating the beadlock rings the same bright white as the truck(super white) I'm going to leave the gold bolts. Wondering if anyone could photoshop the rings white to see if it will look good
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #51
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
Like I said its cool to have people come out. I live about 40 minutes from Wyoming. I will be out in ca a few times this year. My girl is racing out there in jan and I'm going to bring the truck out for the truck show that global puts on.
Do you know when and where you will be in CA?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #52

Thanks for the link! Posted in the pshop thread.

Jan-18-21 I'm out there for a race. We will be at Disney. I have to get with Pepe and find out when the show is.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #53

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...got-em-33.html

in case you want to show off some more (cough*jerk*cough)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #55
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
Thanks for the link! Posted in the pshop thread.

Jan-18-21 I'm out there for a race. We will be at Disney. I have to get with Pepe and find out when the show is.
Aw man, so close. I'm in san diego until Jan. 6th.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Aw man, so close. I'm in san diego until Jan. 6th.
Yeah, I'm flying out this round but will drive the truck out for the truck show.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #57
LensCap

Hey, does Jay happen to have a build thread anywhere? I see some other stuff that I want to do and I feel bad about jacking your thread
Old 12-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #58

I know he has a few threads. When I get to a computer I will throw some links up. His truck is a work of art so I don't blame ya
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #60

I have been slacking on the updates!!!
List of things to post about and get pics up of...

Door panels have been covered to make sure when the interior guy does it nothing rubs... Doesn't look half bad tho.

Stainless header from trail gear.
New cat and header back exhaust using Fj cruiser stock muffler to quiet it down a bit.
Double din touch screen pioneer.
Hydro assist to be installed but its next for mock up.

Motor coming out soon