Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

A nice rack!

Old 12-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A nice rack!

Now that I have your attention, I just thought I'd share a few pics of a cool rack I made for my 4x4.

I made the main piece with the plate a couple years ago, but recently added a roof rack and 6 hooks for cargo and the awning, and some braces under the aluminum for heavier gear on longer trips. The long black tube has the frame, ball bunjees and paracord for the awning.

I'm leaving the bed as open as possible for my dog, sitting in chairs when I don't want to set the awning up, and for sleeping on a cot with or without a tarp draped over the rack creating a enclosed and water free camping-sleeping area for when the weather turns nasty. The goal is to leave the trailer at home and pack only necessary gear.

As soon as I get a chance to go camping I'll get some pics of it all in use. Just adding the hooks and roof rack has really brought it to life and makes it much more useful.
Attached Thumbnails
A nice rack!-rack3.jpg   A nice rack!-rack4.jpg   A nice rack!-rack5.jpg   A nice rack!-rack6.jpg   A nice rack!-rack8.jpg  

A nice rack!-rack9.jpg   A nice rack!-rack11.jpg   A nice rack!-rack12.jpg   A nice rack!-rack13.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Does anyone sell a rack similar to this? I have seen some. but the open part is what I would like as it still lets me use the truck to haul stuff.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Cool
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Nice. Does anyone sell a rack similar to this? I have seen some. but the open part is what I would like as it still lets me use the truck to haul stuff.
Yeah I made the top shade piece 4' long so I could still get up into the rear of the bed without hitting my head or having to squat and also be able to stand there and mess with items up on the roof rack and not be forced to mess with items on a ladder from the side of the truck.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Beefed Taco, You the Man! I guess I better get some tubing, some bends, and get the welder sparking! you use MIG or TIG?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Beefed Taco, You the Man! I guess I better get some tubing, some bends, and get the welder sparking! you use MIG or TIG?
Just a Miller MIG. I just wish I had more free time to do more things that are needed. Thanks for posting, I like your username.