Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Gas sucking school bus build!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Gas sucking school bus build!

Truck in current state: 1/30/13

Well folks, winter is upon us!

My Tacoma has never had success in the winter months. The luke warm heater and manual transmission leave me aggravated on those 20 degree mornings. So I decided to do something about it.

Three cheers for my 1999 Tahoe! Scalding hot heat, heated seats and a big gas guzzling 5.7!

I've cranked the torsion bars to level, resurfaced the corroded wheels and given it what I assume to be it's first hand wax. The truck has maintenance records from 40k miles on, garage kept and only two owners.

I'll post more pictures as I go, this is how it currently sits.

Future plans:

4500k Hid + LOW HIGH mod
Magnaflow DONE
Undercoating and wheel well resurfacing DONE
Ultragauge
Throttle body mod DONE
RCX 6 inch lift
Waste more money than I spent on the truck, then cry slow tears as I reflect on unwise investment.
Suicide

Disclaimer: I still own and will continue to own the Tacoma. Please Pm me with butt-hurt comments of domestic automotive hatred, I would like to keep my troll lord abilities free from this thread.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
hurry up. you've owned this thing for like ever braaaaaap
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
20 degrees is a cold morning?

Looks to be well kept for sure. What's the plans leave it stock? Or mild lift with tires?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
needs a dana 60....
Old 12-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 12-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?

No tears or rips in the seats, all records written in log as well as written under hood. Rust, dent and scratch free. It wont be a virgin for long.

I'm hoping the end result to favor my girlfriends 96 2 door.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Damn the interior is clean for sure! Nice find.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Hid's added

Installed my UltraGauge.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I suppose my title is a bit deceiving. I'm not guzzling gas like I had expected!

I've averaged a varied 18mpg range on my last three tanks, with the Ultragauge showing the same figure. The instant stays in the 20's on the highway, I think the stop and go driving is what's using my fuel up!

I put the lift on this weekend. Contrary to how they look in the picture, the little 245's actually look proportional to the lift. It looks more like a factory 1 ton Hd truck than a lifted half ton.

AAL and 315-75-16 M/t's coming soon.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
Whyareyoureadingthis?

35's installed today.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Installed my UltraGauge.

Nice truck. Gets better mpgs than i thought figured it would be negative.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Nice truck. Gets better mpgs than i thought figured it would be negative.
It gets better mpg than my taco...... Effffffff
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
Whyareyoureadingthis?

No worries, I'm sure these 35's are going to get me back in the single digits.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Plasti dip those rims!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
Bubbaknowz is a jewel in the roughBubbaknowz is a jewel in the roughBubbaknowz is a jewel in the rough

Name: Travis
Bubbaknowz's Tacoma Gallery
damn thats a hell of a motor a 350 small block
Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaknowz View Post
damn thats a hell of a motor a 350 small block