Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

(01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That is a great score. I paid $750 for mine. When I was asking around work if anyone knew where I could find one, a guy I work with said, "yeah, I have 2 in my backyard" hahaha, I have seen another one around here that is in awesome shape, I keep meaning to stop by his house ask him if he wants to sell it. I doubt it though. If he does by some wierd chance, I'll get my current trailer trail ready and off load it. Sorry to put my crap in your thread.
Heres a few pics of it.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
No man, it's all good. I don't mind what you post up as long as it pertains to Military trailers and keeps up with the theme.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FINALLY got around to doing some work on this thing!

Sprung for some new rubber and decided to tackle the SPOA lift. Got the tires mounted this morning and did the SPOA in a matter of about 1.5 hours. (rusty and seized up bolts were the thing of the hour) Oh well, that's behind me and the trailer sits under the leafs now.

Hadn't cleaned up the tires at this point but you get the idea...

Still need to extend and reroute the parking brake lines. Got too frustrated with all the seized bolts and just said I'll tackle it another day. The important thing is the axle it under the leafs, the brakes still work (just need to modify the assembly some) and the new tires are on!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #24
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
man i can't wait to snag one of these and start my own build. looking great!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post

I'm actually selling mine but I already have a buyer for it. (thegreatwall23 aka Danny) otherwise I'd offer you mine!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post

I'm actually selling mine but I already have a buyer for it. (thegreatwall23 aka Danny) otherwise I'd offer you mine!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #27
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

that's okay, i'd always rather build then buy if possible. but nice man.. why sell it?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #28

Being a college student my time is very limited and I just don't get the time anymore to use it as much as I would like to. So while it's been a fun project to work on, it's time to part ways.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #30
bonafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwall23 View Post
Cody, you get away from my trailer! lol... Meeting him on Saturday to pick it up hopefully!
NOT IF I GET TO IT FIRST! wait, i won't be there till monday..
fine... i guess i can lay off the trailer. after all you are helping me greatly with the job search!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #31
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post

Nice job on the restoration! That trailer has better tires than my damn truck!! LOL your truck looks good to man, love that color!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Nice job on the restoration! That trailer has better tires than my damn truck!! LOL your truck looks good to man, love that color!

Thanks man. It's going to a new home on Saturday though.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #33
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Have you ever thought about rocks getting flipped out of the trailer tires into the back glass on the shell? I've been thinking of making some kind of fender flare for mine because I have round fenders. But I don't know where to start. Box rocket put CJ7 factory rear flares on his and it looks good.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #34

I've never been worried about it honestly. Yeah, Box was able to utilize those CJ flares which was convenient for him but for me, since I have squared flares, I'd have to add a piece of sheet metal between the tub and the flare. There have been a few guys over on expedition portal who did just that and it provided ample coverage to compensate for wider tires. You might get lucky and have those CJ flares fit perfectly.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #35

As of Saturday, sadly, this is no longer mine. It did go to a fellow TW member, Danny (thegreatwall23) and the good news is he plans to continue and pick up right where I left on. Hopefully he'll keep a thread going with the progression of the build, but that all on him.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #37
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Danny
thegreatwall23's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to give everyone following this thread an update. I haven't had time to take pictures yet, but I will try to this week or weekend. I changed the color to flat black to match my truck a little better. Got the brakes working, tub and fenders secured down completely, tailgate latches (got rid of the chain). I also cut thru a weld on the back and then JB welded it. It seems to be holding good, but we will see. I may have to have someone weld it. Had the herculiner ready to go, opened the can and they sent me white instead of black, so I have a new can showing up tomorrow. Once that comes in and I finish coating the inside of the tub, I will pretty much be done with it for now... I will try to line the inside this week and get pictures up by the weekend. I really like how it has turned out.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #38
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! looking forward to some pictures
Old 05-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #39
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Have you ever thought about rocks getting flipped out of the trailer tires into the back glass on the shell? I've been thinking of making some kind of fender flare for mine because I have round fenders. But I don't know where to start. Box rocket put CJ7 factory rear flares on his and it looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
I've never been worried about it honestly. Yeah, Box was able to utilize those CJ flares which was convenient for him but for me, since I have squared flares, I'd have to add a piece of sheet metal between the tub and the flare. There have been a few guys over on expedition portal who did just that and it provided ample coverage to compensate for wider tires. You might get lucky and have those CJ flares fit perfectly.
Hey guys just so you know, if you are still trying to figure out wider fenders, the tneders on my trailer were ones I picked up at our local trailer supply store. I think they were $15ea. They were a bit long so I needed to trim the front and back of the fender a bit once I got them where I wanted on my trailer. You could do that if you wanted to try the CJ7 flares. I got those used locally too for $20. So for $50 I had my flared fenders. Not bad.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #40
bonafide

Ya know, just because i'm thinking about it right now how heavy are the trailers? I was always afraid that if you put a RTT on them that it would easily tip