Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

(01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #41
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Danny
thegreatwall23's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have read, they are about 600 pounds empty. I have thought about doing the same thing with the RTT. It seems like most people that do one on them, they just make rails, but they are right above the tub, in which case you would lose the functionality of the changing rooms that the RTT's have. I have seen someone else build a bed rack type system that puts it up to the height it would be at if it was on top of your truck, but that does seem like that would be top heavy that high up. The best of both worlds would be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D17cgA8zyKQ

But you can't buy one and you would have to fab up yourself or have someone else do it... I would love to build one like this, but I don't have the equipment needed to do it.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #42
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
i could help you out on that, Danny i could also test it out for the windrock and harlan trip the next 2 weekends
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #43
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Hey guys just so you know, if you are still trying to figure out wider fenders, the tneders on my trailer were ones I picked up at our local trailer supply store. I think they were $15ea. They were a bit long so I needed to trim the front and back of the fender a bit once I got them where I wanted on my trailer. You could do that if you wanted to try the CJ7 flares. I got those used locally too for $20. So for $50 I had my flared fenders. Not bad.
I wonder how different those are from the M100 fenders that are on my trailer.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #44
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
i could help you out on that, Danny i could also test it out for the windrock and harlan trip the next 2 weekends
lol, well I would, but I leave today and won't be back in town until the 22nd... We should meet up one day though when I get back for lunch or something. Take the trucks and I could bring the m416 for you to checkout. My big project when I get back is the vinyl...
Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #45
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
yeah man, if nothing else i'll catch ya at royal blue! i think i'm going to that, not sure yet.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #46
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I wonder how different those are from the M100 fenders that are on my trailer.
I don't think they are different. I found out about the fender flares for mine from a guy with a M100 that had used the CJ flares. I'm not 100% sure on that but I think they're the same.

Cody, The weight of the trailers will depend on how you build it but they are suprisingly stable even with a RTT on it. If you're worried about the trailer tipping with the tent open, the only way that can really happen is if the trailer is not attached to the tow rig and you are not using any type of stablizer legs at the back of the trailer. Then it could tip backward.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #47

A couple of updated pics. Still working on it, just taking me a while. I was out of town for a couple of weeks and trying to vinyl wrap my truck now, so it is kind of on the back burner at the moment. Flat blacked the whole thing, finished herculiner on the inside, got the brakes working, latches on the tailgate, secured the whole tub and fenders down, rust preventative on axle and underside of frame. Probably some more stuff that I forgot, but this is what it looks like right now.
Attached Thumbnails
(01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.-20130528_101408.jpg   (01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.-20130528_101335.jpg   (01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.-20130528_101316.jpg   (01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.-20130528_101253.jpg