1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(01greentaco's) M416 trailer build.

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by 01GREENTACO, Jan 13, 2013.

1. May 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    thegreatwall23

thegreatwall23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Armor Shrockworks front bumber Shrockworks Rock Sliders Brute Force Rear Bumper XRC8 with synthetic rope Relentless Full Skid Pack Suspension Icons 2.5 extended travel all around with King 14" 700# Springs Icon Tubular UCA's All Pro Standard Leaf Pack 3 degree axle shims Wheelers front bumpstop U bolt flip kit Timbren rear bumpstop Mods rear diff breather fog light anytime ABS Disable TPMS disable Door Chime disable Seat Belt Chime Disable Cab Mount Chop Pinch Weld Mod BHLM Other 4.56 Nitro gears FX-R Retrofit HID's with Halos PIAA fogs and driving lights Wet Okole seat covers Weather-Tech floormats Access LiteRider bed cover AMP bed extender Viair 450P-A Rocky Clutch SD mounts Pop-n-lock tailgate lock Aux rear lights Rear sliding window security bar B.A.M.F Light Bar Ultragauge 48" Hi Lift Jack with Bed Rail Mount Bushwacker Fender Flares ECGS PTFE Bushing SS Brake Lines Brembo Blanks Hawk HPS In cab winch control (12voltguy) Tint
    From what I have read, they are about 600 pounds empty. I have thought about doing the same thing with the RTT. It seems like most people that do one on them, they just make rails, but they are right above the tub, in which case you would lose the functionality of the changing rooms that the RTT's have. I have seen someone else build a bed rack type system that puts it up to the height it would be at if it was on top of your truck, but that does seem like that would be top heavy that high up. The best of both worlds would be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D17cgA8zyKQ

But you can't buy one and you would have to fab up yourself or have someone else do it... I would love to build one like this, but I don't have the equipment needed to do it.

2. May 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    sk8rjess

sk8rjess IG: @whoishack

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    some duct tape and zip ties
    i could help you out on that, Danny :spy: i could also test it out for the windrock and harlan trip the next 2 weekends :)

3. May 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    I wonder how different those are from the M100 fenders that are on my trailer.

4. May 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Armor Shrockworks front bumber Shrockworks Rock Sliders Brute Force Rear Bumper XRC8 with synthetic rope Relentless Full Skid Pack Suspension Icons 2.5 extended travel all around with King 14" 700# Springs Icon Tubular UCA's All Pro Standard Leaf Pack 3 degree axle shims Wheelers front bumpstop U bolt flip kit Timbren rear bumpstop Mods rear diff breather fog light anytime ABS Disable TPMS disable Door Chime disable Seat Belt Chime Disable Cab Mount Chop Pinch Weld Mod BHLM Other 4.56 Nitro gears FX-R Retrofit HID's with Halos PIAA fogs and driving lights Wet Okole seat covers Weather-Tech floormats Access LiteRider bed cover AMP bed extender Viair 450P-A Rocky Clutch SD mounts Pop-n-lock tailgate lock Aux rear lights Rear sliding window security bar B.A.M.F Light Bar Ultragauge 48" Hi Lift Jack with Bed Rail Mount Bushwacker Fender Flares ECGS PTFE Bushing SS Brake Lines Brembo Blanks Hawk HPS In cab winch control (12voltguy) Tint
    lol, well I would, but I leave today and won't be back in town until the 22nd... We should meet up one day though when I get back for lunch or something. Take the trucks and I could bring the m416 for you to checkout. My big project when I get back is the vinyl...

5. May 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    sk8rjess

sk8rjess IG: @whoishack

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    some duct tape and zip ties
    yeah man, if nothing else i'll catch ya at royal blue! i think i'm going to that, not sure yet.

6. May 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    I don't think they are different. I found out about the fender flares for mine from a guy with a M100 that had used the CJ flares. I'm not 100% sure on that but I think they're the same.

Cody, The weight of the trailers will depend on how you build it but they are suprisingly stable even with a RTT on it. If you're worried about the trailer tipping with the tent open, the only way that can really happen is if the trailer is not attached to the tow rig and you are not using any type of stablizer legs at the back of the trailer. Then it could tip backward.

7. May 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    A couple of updated pics. Still working on it, just taking me a while. I was out of town for a couple of weeks and trying to vinyl wrap my truck now, so it is kind of on the back burner at the moment. Flat blacked the whole thing, finished herculiner on the inside, got the brakes working, latches on the tailgate, secured the whole tub and fenders down, rust preventative on axle and underside of frame. Probably some more stuff that I forgot, but this is what it looks like right now.

20130528_101408.jpg
    20130528_101335.jpg
    20130528_101316.jpg
    20130528_101253.jpg

8. Jan 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    S Rod

S Rod Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCAB SB Storm Trooper
    3" Suspension Lift "Old Man Emu" with Bilstien 5100's, Dash CAM (1080p w/IR's), Rear View Mirror Re-locator, Color Matched LEER 180 Shell, Piaa 520 Lights on LineX-ed Push Bar, LineX-ed Side Step Bars, Blacked out Back Bumper, iPad mount, Relentless Front Plate Bumper.....
    Trailer looks awesome!

Products Discussed in

To Top