Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

92 Long Travel Pickup Build

Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
is this dr
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #42
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #43
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
hmm

"zzr shackles, mounts, and bumper w/skid"

ok, it makes sense
lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphoto View Post
apparently you are not, yes it is indeed below the frame, the leafs are a all pro double eye pack.

on another note, if anyone would like to donate TC shackles, mounts (front and rear), a deaver f67 pack, a slip yoke, and straps (oh hey look over a thousand dollars) to me then feel free. till then im running this set up that i built at a fraction of the cost and can hang with other lt setups...
all you keep saying is how you cant afford to do this or that...well you need to reconsider your "hobby"....if you cant afford new straps for the tires your definitely in the wrong sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntydog13 View Post
No one has said your truck can't work they are trying to advise you on how to avoid breaking and wearing out parts on your truck. I suggest you start taking some advise from people who have more experience than yourself and learning a thing or two instead of getting defensive. The point they are most likely trying to make is that instead of buying those shackles you could be that much closer to a legitimate rear suspension that you won't have to constantly maintain
well said
Quote:
I know you think I'm stupid and zip doesn't know much but oddly enough it is dom tubing welded to the frame, gusseted both sides and underneath, with the proper poly bushings i might add. We also upgraded the bolt size while we were there to 5/8 I believe.
I agree the the shackles are a relatively weak point, and will be gusseting them more shortly. The rear side that is stuffed is approx 2 inches from bump, which more than likely results in a bit of negative arch (at complete full bump), but nowhere near "6 in of negative arch lol".
I appreciate the input and will be strengthening shackles asap, and more than likely adding more gussets to the mount.
I accept donations for tire straps. I'd rather buy a new transmission mount then throw down 60 bucks on ratchet straps for a spare tire setup im changing. I know it does'nt look trophy truck enough though with 1.5 in straps need moar
your an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
First off, stop being a touchy little douchnozzle teenage prick.
Fourth, fuck your donations. You're a big boy, you can make big boy decisions.
im so glad you got the opportunity to meet the newest tacoma world douchnozzle hahaha
Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #44
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Wow . Can't afford a strap . Please take supermotos post to heart. Nobody needs an already announced unsafe vehicle running into their rig/wife/kids .
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Being in a race is one thing . Being in a hobby is a different story . If you surround yourself with other folk you have to take them into consideration . Don't be selfish .
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #46
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shawnphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Another one of those times people would shut up if they actually saw it with their own eyes. MY FUCKING SPARES ARE NOT JUST HANGING THERE. THEY ARE NOT ONLY RATCHET STRAPPED, BUT ALSO STEEL CABLED AND PADLOCKED. NOT TO MENTION JAMMED BALLS DEEP IN THE CAGE.
And its not that I cant afford a strap, douche bags. Its the fact that that amount of money, whatever negligible amount it is, is better served going towards things on my to do list, including moving the battery and small things like that, other than further securing my DOUBLY tied down spare tires, a set up that will be changing shortly.
To everyone, especially J berry, THANK YOU for your input. It is TRULY VALUED AND WILL BE FOLLOWED. Not trying to come off as a douche, and im sure no one else is either, but i guess we are. Supermoto, I will be changing my shackle setup soon. Do you honestly think that the entire mount and shackle is going to catastrophically fail with daily driving and rare offroading? I trust your opinion and I can see how the shackle can be stronger, but is it honestly something that I wont be able to change till around spring break.
And DD, your a douche and we all know it, no need to prove it time and time again. Kinda sad you take time out of your day to come talk shit on other peoples trucks and threads... isn't there a tundy to fab?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #47
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Oh so interesting...I'd post the "Gay thread photo" but Dangler already beat me too it

1) Cheap 2) Functionality 3) Safe...Out of these three you picked the wrong two
Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Cool story bro
Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Oh so interesting...I'd post the "Gay thread photo" but Dangler already beat me too it

1) Cheap 2) Functionality 3) Safe...Out of these three you picked the wrong two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Cool story bro
Thanks for stopping by guys! Really appreciate it!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Supermoto, I will be changing my shackle setup soon. Do you honestly think that the entire mount and shackle is going to catastrophically fail with daily driving and rare offroading?
Guessing you never saw krumble's truck?
Complete spring mount ripped off the frame...while on i-10...on the way to work. Also built by a popular (albeit controversial) fabrication company on this forum.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #51
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery

by the pictures your providing, you are just proving their points. take better pictures and post them please.

yes, even if you have to break out the spot lights, professional photographers, hookers, and blow.

edit: harnesses without cage=death
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #52
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Supermoto, I will be changing my shackle setup soon. Do you honestly think that the entire mount and shackle is going to catastrophically fail with daily driving and rare offroading?
In all seriousness yes I do. Ill tell you why. I don't think you understand how much stress is applied to a shackle and especially to the hanger. And that's because leaf springs are not just springs they are also what locates the axle, side to side and front to back. When you are driving especially while accelerating, braking, turning or articulating the rear axle wants to go all over the place. The only thing stopping that is the spring. Now think of the spring as a giant lever magnifying all that force into the hanger. Travel isn't the problem (the shackle pivoting soaks that up) its the side load and twisting action that the shackle and pivot get subjected to that starts breaking parts. These are all unseen forces that a fabricator has to think about, obviously yours didn't. Please don't use him again, he is not a fabricator, he is a guy that can kinda weld. Hope this helped
Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #53
Quote:
Guessing you never saw krumble's truck?
Complete spring mount ripped off the frame...while on i-10...on the way to work. Also built by a popular (albeit controversial) fabrication company on this forum.
Gnarly! Id love a link if there is one? I know you are just looking out and i really appreciate the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post

by the pictures your providing, you are just proving their points. take better pictures and post them please.

yes, even if you have to break out the spot lights, professional photographers, hookers, and blow.

edit: harnesses without cage=death
Indeed harnesses without cage=death, just have one that the PO installed. Cage is the next big fab im saving for, i barely survived a motorcycle accident and if im going to be a cager then i need a real cage!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
In all seriousness yes I do. Ill tell you why. I don't think you understand how much stress is applied to a shackle and especially to the hanger. And that's because leaf springs are not just springs they are also what locates the axle, side to side and front to back. When you are driving especially while accelerating, braking, turning or articulating the rear axle wants to go all over the place. The only thing stopping that is the spring. Now think of the spring as a giant lever magnifying all that force into the hanger. Travel isn't the problem (the shackle pivoting soaks that up) its the side load and twisting action that the shackle and pivot get subjected to that starts breaking parts. These are all unseen forces that a fabricator has to think about, obviously yours didn't. Please don't use him again, he is not a fabricator, he is a guy that can kinda weld. Hope this helped
Awesome explanation, that makes a lot of sense. Ill be keeping a close eye on these things until they are reinforced/replaced. Thanks sumo!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #55
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome explanation, that makes a lot of sense. Ill be keeping a close eye on these things until they are reinforced/replaced. Thanks sumo!
I've also found the best working setup for a truck like yours is a 9" shackle through the frame, I wouldn't just reinforce what you have I'd replace it. I can build you some shackles if you need it down the road.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #56
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Gnarly! Id love a link if there is one? I know you are just looking out and i really appreciate the input.

Indeed harnesses without cage=death, just have one that the PO installed. Cage is the next big fab im saving for, i barely survived a motorcycle accident and if im going to be a cager then i need a real cage!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...me-damage.html

Looks like the picture was removed though.

And OP...just so you don't think that we're all a bunch of e-fabbers (me), one of the people offering you advice in your thread has twenty-something welding certifications, helped build Dan Vance's race truck, backhalfed Bozen's truck, and one of the former members of ESB and Vendetta Motorsports (not me). Just saying...I don't think we're all wrong.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
I've also found the best working setup for a truck like yours is a 9" shackle through the frame, I wouldn't just reinforce what you have I'd replace it. I can build you some shackles if you need it down the road.

Sounds good, I will probably take you up on that! Does that basically eliminate hangers since you run the dom tube through the frame and bolt through that?
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #58
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Sounds good, I will probably take you up on that! Does that basically eliminate hangers since you run the dom tube through the frame and bolt through that?
The frame is the hanger.

Shitty picture and not a toyota , but you'll get the idea:

Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #59
Quote:
The frame is the hanger.

Shitty picture and not a toyota , but you'll get the idea:

Thats what I was saying. Thats badass, too bad I didn't think of that before he made my mounts. Looks like the strongest option for sure
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #60
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said, I have 9" TC shackles collecting dust under my bed...