Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Still shaking while breaking.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundOffRoadDead View Post
Figured that. Thank you so much for your help! TW Rocks!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
?????

You seem to be brushing over a potential cause in that you busted your wheel off and looks like the original rotor took a very serious crash.

You think that is related?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
?????

You seem to be brushing over a potential cause in that you busted your wheel off and looks like the original rotor took a very serious crash.

if it bent the spindle he'd feel that while driving
Old 03-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
?????

Truck still runs straight, so that tells me that along with no pull in the steering that its a brake issue. Thanks guys. I am going to have it all apart in the morning.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
If you've replaced the rotors, and pads, I would be thinking ball joints or bearings. A good way to test them is to jack up the front of the truck (by the frame) until the front wheels come off the ground. Then try to wiggle each tire in each direction by hand. If there is any play, then you've found the (or one of the) problem(s).
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Truck still runs straight, so that tells me that along with no pull in the steering that its a brake issue. Thanks guys. I am going to have it all apart in the morning.
so how'd you make out
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #27
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

All new EVERY THING :] New calipers because the old one's where sticking :/ bolth right and left. But when i brake i still have shaking. [Tie rod's]? any one?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #28
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
wheel bearings man, i can almost gurantee your shitting a wheel bearing. jack up one front tire and from the top of your tire pull and push back and forth and if there is play i bet it is a bearing.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #29
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
If you've replaced the rotors, and pads, I would be thinking ball joints or bearings. A good way to test them is to jack up the front of the truck (by the frame) until the front wheels come off the ground. Then try to wiggle each tire in each direction by hand. If there is any play, then you've found the (or one of the) problem(s).
just saw this post, I agree 2x try this man and i bet thats the problem its happened to me first hand.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #30
whiptastic handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
just saw this post, I agree 2x try this man and i bet thats the problem its happened to me first hand.
No wiggle all new.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #31
whiptastic handling

Quote:
wheel bearings man, i can almost gurantee your shitting a wheel bearing. jack up one front tire and from the top of your tire pull and push back and forth and if there is play i bet it is a bearing.
wheel bearings all new! :[
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #32

huh wow man if its not a braking issue or a bearing issue then i dont know... have you had your alignment checked since replacing all these parts? its a long shot but who knows man im scratching my head just as much as you probably now that bearings is out of the question.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #33
whiptastic handling

Quote:
huh wow man if its not a braking issue or a bearing issue then i dont know... have you had your alignment checked since replacing all these parts? its a long shot but who knows man im scratching my head just as much as you probably now that bearings is out of the question.
I am past the point of scratching my head i am throwing wrenches now.
I am thinking is a tie rod issue.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #34
whiptastic handling

Fun fact ford's calipers don't have an L or a R on them so i put them on upside down ass backwoods. :/ (yes backwoods)
Old 03-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #35
whiptastic handling

I am really burnt out on this project.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #36
whiptastic handling

My next truck is going to be at Toyota . . .
Old 03-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #37
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All new EVERY THING :] New calipers because the old one's where sticking :/ bolth right and left. But when i brake i still have shaking. [Tie rod's]? any one?
did you change rotors again tho?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #38
whiptastic handling

No need each side is true.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #39
whiptastic handling

I do still need help :/
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #40
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Still shaking while breaking.

Quote:
I do still need help :/
Rotor will make shake. Have you had them checked? I'd replace them if you haven't. Or get them 'turned'