LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Still shaking while breaking.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #41
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
Rotor will make shake. Have you had them checked? I'd replace them if you haven't. Or get them 'turned'
Had them checked. I really don't think with both sides being able to spin freely they would be the problem, so my question is do i look into tire rods and new joints?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #42
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Still shaking while breaking.

If it were tie rods or ball joints you should be able to wiggle them to see if the have play. Jack your truck up leave tire on and try and check play up down left right. Up down be ball joints left right will be tie rods or wheel bearings would have play every way,but u said them good. Have some one shake while you look under truck.

Good luck!

And if it not spinning freely the ball joints or tie rods have nothing to do with spinning. That's brakes or bearings.

Edit. Also spin the tire when in air and listen for anything. Should spin quietly.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #43
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
if they are new, make sure they are seated flat against the hub. there might be something keeping the rotors from being true against the hub. You can actually troubleshoot which side its coming from since it is 4x4. Turn off traction control put in 4x4 and jack up the whole right side or left side. Put it in gear and turn both left or right tires. Apply brake and see if it shakes.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #44
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykevin5 View Post
if they are new, make sure they are seated flat against the hub. there might be something keeping the rotors from being true against the hub. You can actually troubleshoot which side its coming from since it is 4x4. Turn off traction control put in 4x4 and jack up the whole right side or left side. Put it in gear and turn both left or right tires. Apply brake and see if it shakes.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #45

And I've somehow got this thread mixed with another.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #46
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
How far did that thing slide down the road with no wheel? You probably bent the spindle you would not notice it driving but it sure would effect your braking mind you only a few thousands of an inch will cause it.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #47
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
How far did that thing slide down the road with no wheel? You probably bent the spindle you would not notice it driving but it sure would effect your braking mind you only a few thousands of an inch will cause it.
About 100 feet. Wouldn't i feel it while driving past 55 tho?
I broke down, taking it to a job. :/
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #48
whiptastic handling

I will let you guy's know what the hell is going on. Making sure to update thank all of you for all your input.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
whiptastic handling

I am a ford guy :/
So after all this. turns out it was the idle control arm. That well is not there, just a bracket with two welded bolt's putting it on there now, so just over looked it. But hey all new part's! :]
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #51
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't read the whole thread, but that thing took a really hard hit. Every joint in the front suspension is suspect -- ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, shocks, etc. Tracking straight and braking are 2 different things, putting different loads on different parts.

I wouldn't want this project either.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #52
whiptastic handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Didn't read the whole thread, but that thing took a really hard hit. Every joint in the front suspension is suspect -- ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, shocks, etc. Tracking straight and braking are 2 different things, putting different loads on different parts.

I wouldn't want this project either.
Well all joints are good, shop conferred this, and there's load's of play in the idle control arms. Due to it not even being there. Look's like who ever owned this did try to re enforce the front. But now where all good. Thank you guy's for all your help!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #53
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundOffRoadDead View Post
Well all joints are good, shop conferred this, and there's load's of play in the idle control arms. Due to it not even being there. Look's like who ever owned this did try to re enforce the front. But now where all good. Thank you guy's for all your help!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #54
whiptastic handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
tacomaworld... yup sounds like the right forum.
I am on socalprerunner and desertrangers and rdc i like this site the most people really help and we all share common interests in truck and mod's trails and things of that nature, so what's the problem bud?
Or am i not welcome here?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #55
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
tacomaworld... yup sounds like the right forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundOffRoadDead View Post
I am on socalprerunner and desertrangers and rdc i like this site the most people really help and we all share common interests in truck and mod's trails and things of that nature, so what's the problem bud?
Or am i not welcome here?
yea really, check out the people on mustang world i'd say 1/3 don't even own a mustang lol

you are more than welcome here!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #56
whiptastic handling

Thanks!