LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2013 F150 EcoBoost

Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #61
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I figured the ecoboost would get better gas mileage :/
If it is all highway, I bet I could get 22 easy, but I drive 70% city/ 30% highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked383z View Post
Oh and word to the wise... I talked to the Ford dealer about modding the Ecoboost... They told me if it was modded in any way CAI, exhaust, programmer... ALL WARRANTY VOIDED. So be careful. You did pick the best color. That would've been my choice too, with White coming in 2nd.
The truck makes decent horsepower, and awesome torque as is, I wouldn't do any type of engine mod.. yet. With the warranty, the aftermarket part has to make the OEM part fail to void the warranty for the particular part. If they give me any crap, I'll go to another dealer here in Houston, there is about 15 local dealers.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #62
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
stroked383z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Just because they said it doesn't make it true. The federal law trumps their word of mouth.
2 Ford dealers here told me the same thing so I dunno... I know there's the Magnuson Law, but it would be a fight I imagine if you modded one and it tore up. My Toyota dealer said I could mod... They actually take their trucks on the lot and have them lifted, and of course there's the TRD S/C for them. That's next on my list hehe.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #63
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got a buddy who has one... 7 MPG towing his camper, and it's about the same weight as mine. I get 10 to 10.5 MPG towing my camper and I have 33's and a 3/1 kit. He says his average is around 18 ish but it's never the same on a tank of gas and that it fluctuates (I think his foot fluctuates lol). I do like his has a bigger gas tank than my Tundra though.
Lol, yes it has a 36 gallon tank.. I've gone 600 miles on this take and still has 1/4 tank left so it's definitely made for towing

I'm not too worried about MPGs, when I throw 35s on I expect a 5 mpg decrease at least.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #64
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Not necessarily with these engines. When I bought my 6.4 I was told if I even touched the eninge the wrong way the warranty would be voided. Its to protect themselves against what happened with the 6.0. People modded the shit outta them and they failed. Yes the 6.0 had its fair share of problems but half the trucks I worked on during my year internship were modded 6.0s very few stock ones.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #65
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Lol, yes it has a 36 gallon tank.. I've gone 600 miles on this take and still has 1/4 tank left so it's definitely made for towing

I'm not too worried about MPGs, when I throw 35s on I expect a 5 mpg decrease at least.
Haha... I have a 26.5 gallon.... and yes that .5 gallon is important to me j/k Toyota did drop the ball on the fuel tank size shew
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #66
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
If you have nay questions let us know. We don't have to do a raptor conversion on it to make it work great and be a very fun truck. As always i can get you some TW pricing as well to help out.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #67
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
This thread sucks. Bring back donna!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #68
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
First set of lights in:

Now where do I put them..
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #69
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
awesome truck man, could you imagine if our trucks had that engine, or something similar from Toyota? would be a fucking beast.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #70
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
This thread sucks. Bring back donna!
Emma is in now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
awesome truck man, could you imagine if our trucks had that engine, or something similar from Toyota? would be a fucking beast.
Thanks bud, and I Agree, maybe they will make a joint engine venture like with Subaru, who knows. They need to do something to up the MPG standards required by law.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #71
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. My did ordered a f150 in nov and had it built I believe in Detroit and took delivery early feb of this year. He got the v6 for gas saving and 4wd. It's a great truck I think. Lots of bells and whistles. Too many honestly to ever use but if he needs it it's there. He tows and has hauled quite a but and there is no shortage of power even with just the 6. Plus great gas mileage for a truck of its weight/size. Long rant to say truck looks great and can't wait to see it with the lift and tires. Cheers.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #72
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Nice truck. My did ordered a f150 in nov and had it built I believe in Detroit and took delivery early feb of this year. He got the v6 for gas saving and 4wd. It's a great truck I think. Lots of bells and whistles. Too many honestly to ever use but if he needs it it's there. He tows and has hauled quite a but and there is no shortage of power even with just the 6. Plus great gas mileage for a truck of its weight/size. Long rant to say truck looks great and can't wait to see it with the lift and tires. Cheers.
Thanks, going to have gears put in, maybe a month out from that. Going with Factory 4.10s
Old 04-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #73
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Since I am addicted to making everything look factory as fuck, I need some way to hook up my lights.. the only option I see viable is this:

Took me a few minutes but I found the switch panel and wiring harness part numbers and they are ordered from eBay.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #74
RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery
Nice buy man! I remember reading a truckin magazine on this truck when the ecoboost came out and was drooling over the specs. If i remember correctly theres a company working on an upgrade for the twinturbo setup. Just a heads up.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #75
Anyone seen the new 2015 Ford concept? Looks mean
Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #76
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone seen the new 2015 Ford concept? Looks mean
You mean the Atlas (i think?) looks .. different. It will have to grow on me.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #77
No i don't think that's it... Let me find the link
Old 05-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #78
Hummm ok yeah it's the Atlas... Link said it was new F150 the other day... I can't find the link though. It looks tough though.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #79
2015 should be a good year for trucks... I think Toyota will up the HP on the Tundra that year too.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #80
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2015 should be a good year for trucks... I think Toyota will up the HP on the Tundra that year too.
I wouldn't see them messing with the power train for a while, it's pretty tough as is. If they do I would think they make it a smaller V8 with direct injection (if they don't have it already) or maybe a small turbo V8 gas, maybe something like the F150 3.5L.