Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2013 F150 EcoBoost

Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
2013 F150 EcoBoost

Traded the taco in for a 2013 FX4, with a 3.5L twin turbo. Love the truck but I hate the typical F150 forums, I also love TW so if the good people would allow me to stay I would like that

Don't have any good pics, might take some this weekend if the sun comes out.

Short term mods:
- weather techs
- OBA
- LEDs inside and out
- 36" light bar, dunno where it will go but I will find a place
- (4) 4" light pods, again dunno where they will go
- (2) 6" Light bars, for reverse lights
- tool box
- get the bed line-x'd
- waterproof 120v receptacles in the bed

Long term goals:
- lift
- armor?
- 35s are a must
- regear.. has 3.55s now
- tune it? I would like 400 whp
- suggestions? Lol..

April 20, 2013,

Factory blocks? Lol..

The "skid" plate.. better than nothing I guess

Both spindles completely rusted

So after putting 300 miles on it, my first impressions are somewhat surprising.
MPGs fluctuate pretty frequently, on the highway if I drive conservatively I can get 20 mpg easy
Around town is another story, when it hits 2.5k + rpms it doesn't get over 12 mpg, that just so happens to be when the max torque kicks in also
Tons of space, the backseats are surprisingly huge, maybe it's because I am accustomed to the taco?
I didn't like the tonneau cover (not sure if I spelled that right) but it's growing on me.
It has a bed extender that folds inward I guess you could say to keep it out of the way when you need to load something in the bed
I think the headlights should be aimed more upwards, than again I think it might be like that do to towing, I can't town anything for the first 1k miles according to the dealer so we will see
The mirrors fold in when I push a button, and when I first hit the unlock button the seat moves back and folds back slightly to make getting in easier, when I close the door and put the key in the ignition the seat goes back to where I left it when I last left the truck
It has a remote start, in the morning times when I use it both defrosts kick on, I like that
Motor makes a weird noise at idle, kind of like the taco tick, not sure if it's normal, I'll ask a dealer and search around on the interwebs to find an answer..
I sweat.. a lot.. lol, even when the A/C is on full, I think my favorite feature is the ventilated seats, no more sweatty back.. then again the heat is just starting here in Houston so we will see

that's all I can think of right now, I will update as I go, I will record city mpgs, highway mpgs, towing mpgs as well and update after I do maintenance every 5k.

Side note: Not trying to sway anyone from a Taco, I loved my taco and I will get another one eventually.. try not to flame me too bad
Old 04-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, i like fords
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Traded the taco in for a 2013 FX4, with a 3.5L twin turbo. Love the truck but I hate the typical F150 forums, I also love TW so if the good people would allow me to stay I would like that

Don't have any good pics, might take some this weekend if the sun comes out.

Short term mods:
- weather techs
- OBA
- LEDs inside and out
- 36" light bar, dunno where it will go but I will find a place
- (4) 4" light pods, again dunno where they will go
- (2) 6" Light bars, for reverse lights
- tool box
- get the bed line-x'd
- waterproof 120v receptacles in the bed

Long term goals:
- lift
- armor?
- 35s are a must
- regear.. has 3.55s now
- tune it? I would like 400 whp
- suggestions? Lol..
back in a yota
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Nooooo we lost another one! Nice truck
Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Grats!

I'm interested how well the engine holds up towing and in general, we have one at work, but I doubt I'll get a chance to drive it.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
If i were to choose a full size it would be the fx4 ecoboost. Nice truck and im sure youll enjoy it.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How about a better picture of the new ride?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! My dad had an fx2 5.0 and now has a raptor...really comfortable trucks
Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Purdy! I see projectors, BHLM and some awesome side steps
Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Purdy! I see projectors, BHLM and some awesome side steps
Lol
Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i like the headlights, but i see your reflection but i don't see the third leg in your pants?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Don't like Fords, but I've got to say they are the most modern truck out there it seems... Looks nice!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
i like the headlights, but i see your reflection but i don't see the third leg in your pants?
It's not easy to conceal, the three legged pants are more for home use and not suitable for public display.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
We have a f-150 eco boost for a work truck. Dont let the fuel numbers lie to ya! Ours gets about 8 miles to the gallon with a trailer behind it and its two wheel drive.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
We have a f-150 eco boost for a work truck. Dont let the fuel numbers lie to ya! Ours gets about 8 miles to the gallon with a trailer behind it and its two wheel drive.
Not worried about MPG's, loved my taco and it got 8 MPG while I towed. I just don't want to see the bill when I fill it up first, 37 gallon gas tank IIRC..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Badass truck man! I love the Eco boost
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for ideas. My dad has an ecoboost. Only problem is he got silver... Need to figure out how to get rid of all that chrome without making it look like a Raiders truck haha
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
Grats!

I'm interested how well the engine holds up towing and in general, we have one at work, but I doubt I'll get a chance to drive it.

hopefully better than the typical ford.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How hard is it to make the engine crank out some serious power? Seems like it already puts out some decent power for the small engine size, wasn't sure how much more they can be tuned to crank out without major modification.