Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

85 4runner

Old 04-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
85 4runner

Hello Everyone. This is my new project. I picked up this 1985 4runner with 361000 miles on it for a steal. It has a rebuilt 22re that runs flawlessly. Needs paint and interior but everything works and came with a parts 4runner so I can transfer the interior over.

First thing I did was ditch those stock front springs with negative arch on them and threw a pair of 4" procomp springs with some rancho shocks. Sits pretty high in the front. I also put some 30" inch tires for now. Next is some rear springs and some sliders.

Took it to Cleghorn with a couple of buddies
Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some Updates. I added some Downey 2 inch lift springs in the rear, with some new marlin crawler shackles. It sits almost level now. I also added a Long tub Downey header.

Here I took it to azusa canyon to flex it out. Not bad for have $175 Into the lift

After flexing it out I realized I needed longer bump stops. These are off an old Celica

Took it to 2N17X heres a good shot
Old 09-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
Took it to 2N17X heres a good shot
Old 09-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 4runner and its a shame these old 4runners get beat to pieces
Old 10-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #5

So I made some recent progress on the 4runner. First off was new to me Hankook dynapro MTs 31x10.5r15. Then I found a Detroit locker 3rd and threw it in the rear. That was a budget breaker but its ok. it was needed.I also bought a bumper from my buddy. It was custom made for his 87 runner but he is parting it out. I am in the process of making it a bolt on to my 85. Lastly I have a lock rite locker coming in for the front.