Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

BrokenTusks 2013 Scion tC Release Series 8.0 Build

Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #201
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Yessum! Though you have a bulid thread already eh?? Or you mean performance wise?

car, my truck will be taking a break :P
Old 05-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #202
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Quote:
Would be a nice boost for you. The 2.4L's could definitely use a little more pep.
Yes they could! My buddy made me feel like I was driving a Prius or something with his 400 whp 2002 wrx
Old 05-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #203
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
car, my truck will be taking a break :P
What kinda car do you have???
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
Yes they could! My buddy made me feel like I was driving a Prius or something with his 400 whp 2002 wrx
lol, my mom drives, I like that thing
Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #204
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 05-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #205
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Quote:

lol, my mom drives, I like that thing
Quote:
Yeah his is really fun to drive lol.

Evo X??
Old 05-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #206
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
OOOOOHHHHH You meant RA as in Rally Art. kk, I'm on the same page now.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #207

Added:
Pulley & a Confirmed weight shed counter to 1st post.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #209
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
Yeah his is really fun to drive lol.

Evo X??
not quite VVVVVVV but its just as fun

Quote:
OOOOOHHHHH You meant RA as in Rally Art. kk, I'm on the same page now.

yah got some small plans in the immediate future, the factory suspensions sucks!!! we have had our shocks replaced 4 times!!!! under warranty that is, but that fine

But on the short list

19x9.5 dished rims
rolled fenders
Tein electronically adjustable coilovers(a bitch to install but ride quality well worth it, nice part is, we will be to gain +.5" lift for winter :P
Cobb AP stage 2
Ultimate Racing UIC and LIC piping
Ultimate Racing test pipe
UR downpipe
UR catback exhaust(i guess I could just go full turboback exhaust instead)
new blowoff valve
and a boost pill
tint all around minus front winshield
lip spoiler on the trunk versus the giant wing
big brake kit

should make for one hell of a fun car for daily driving and look great while doing it
Old 05-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
But what does that do?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...ml#post6843221

All info is there on last page
Quote:
not quite VVVVVVV but its just as fun

yah got some small plans in the immediate future, the factory suspensions sucks!!! we have had our shocks replaced 4 times!!!! under warranty that is, but that fine

But on the short list

19x9.5 dished rims
rolled fenders
Tein electronically adjustable coilovers(a bitch to install but ride quality well worth it, nice part is, we will be to gain +.5" lift for winter :P
Cobb AP stage 2
Ultimate Racing UIC and LIC piping
Ultimate Racing test pipe
UR downpipe
UR catback exhaust(i guess I could just go full turboback exhaust instead)
new blowoff valve
and a boost pill
tint all around minus front winshield
lip spoiler on the trunk versus the giant wing
big brake kit

should make for one hell of a fun car for daily driving and look great while doing it
Haha yes it should! That extra .5" in winter time would be useful, i wish TRD did better then adding performance lowering springs to my tC but in all honesty they ride well. We shall see I supoose. Wasnt bad at all last winter.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #211
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Haha yes it should! That extra .5" in winter time would be useful, i wish TRD did better then adding performance lowering springs to my tC but in all honesty they ride well. We shall see I supoose. Wasnt bad at all last winter.

yah from -2.5" to +0.5"

I could switch to all EVOX suspension but its not really an upgrade
Old 05-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #213

Quote:
yah from -2.5" to +0.5"

I could switch to all EVOX suspension but its not really an upgrade
Yea some Variations of the OEM stuff never is. Haha I suppose thats why the aftermarket sector even exists.

I'll leave my suspension as is for now. Only rubbed snow once or twice last winter, plus I've got a whole bunch of under carriage protective plastic. I dont think it can take too much abuse but should be strong enough to keep leveling snow banks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Gotcha!
Missed that page.
Haha I figured as such
Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #214
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea some Variations of the OEM stuff never is. Haha I suppose thats why the aftermarket sector even exists.

I'll leave my suspension as is for now. Only rubbed snow once or twice last winter, plus I've got a whole bunch of under carriage protective plastic. I dont think it can take too much abuse but should be strong enough to keep leveling snow banks

Haha I figured as such
for some reason I dont see you snow drifting every corner

its nice to have the clearance though, as I suspect youve seen the edmonton streets.....
Old 05-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #215

Quote:
for some reason I dont see you snow drifting every corner

its nice to have the clearance though, as I suspect youve seen the edmonton streets.....
haha yea I've seen them! They can be a mess but still not as bad as fort crack.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #216

So, my initial reaction towards the Agency pulley. I'm loving it. Everything feels more spirited throught the drivetrain, the dropping in power band is the best part. The car has enough power now I can take off from the absolute tiniest bit of gas so damn near impossible to stall.

Worth the $$.

I'm going to put the lightweight flywheel idea on the bench for now. While it would be a nice freed power boost, I've found there are some side-effects/ disadvantages that I want to avoid in a daily driver-esk type vehicle. Maybe a mid-weight flywheel one day, who knows. But for now I don't have any desire to drop the transmission and deal with it.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #218

Just searched up this ATI super damper crank pulley you mentioned. I'm not so sure it solves the problem I'm refering too.

People are reporting rapid acceleration and deceleration due too the lighter 9~ Ibs lightweight over the 17~ Ibs stock flywheel. Making it annoyingly super touchy. I think that would bother the piss out of me. The mid-weight version which is 12~ Ibs supposedly people are finding it much more reasonable for daily driving.