Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

BrokenTusks 2013 Scion tC Release Series 8.0 Build

Old 06-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #281
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting for parts to arrive is worse than waiting for sex.

Removed 12 pounds worth of stuff yesterday, yes I weighed it, that bored. Removed old lug nuts from when the dealer put the lock nuts on the wheels out of the car. Pulled out the rear cargo mat and spare set of floor mats thats been sitting in my trunk since I bought the car. Also went through my glove box and pulled out the manufacturer car pouch that contains all the warrantee/safety info + Car Owners manual. Filed away the important stuff, threw out what was in another language, started cutting large amounts of the useless "filler" type things from the manual(Example: Other language stuff, Wear seat belt, this is your door nob, this is the gas door, etc..). About 1.5 pounds of paper work alone and my car manual now only contains useful info
Old 06-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #282
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery

Gotta shave weight where ya can
Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #284
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaving weight from everywhere! Even my own fat ass haha

Boost gauge has gone to a better home!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #285

Soooo turns out the guy who was selling me the rotors and catch can didn't actually mail anything, I caught him on the other forum trying to resell my already paid for stuff to someone else. Paypal dispute incoming..
Old 06-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #286
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Soooo turns out the guy who was selling me the rotors and catch can didn't actually mail anything, I caught him on the other forum trying to resell my already paid for stuff to someone else. Paypal dispute incoming..

that is works out properly. That is pretty low life.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #287

After an insane amount of BS between that low-life seller and Paypal dispute, he was eventually forced to send me the parts, albeit a month late. Surprisingly they actually were the right parts, arrived in decent condition so got em installed with the help of Senior Krazie.

Stock Rotors Weight: 50.86 Pounds
R1 Performance Weight: 49.2 Pounds

A whopping 1.6 pounds weight savings haha. Honestly I was expecting 5 pounds at least. Probably placebo effect but steering feels lighter, more of the weight saved was in the front as they are much beefier rotors. Brakings nice and grippy now, loving that and they look freaken sexy!

Got the new OBDLink MX installed in the car plus the new tracking software for the laptop.

Getting base model readings set up. Spare fuel line showed up in the mail yesterday. So I have one I can mangle for this fuel preheating system, should be set up within the next month.

Also starting to get the window tinting put on, going 35% all around, just enough to give some privacy without being annoying at night.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #289

Haha because RaceCouch!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #291

Lol, you ever upgrade the rotors on your beast???
Old 08-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #293

Haha beefy, i was amazed how small the rear pads are on this thing when I pulled em off. Less contact patch than a pack of gum.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #295

I'd had my life saved by weirder things. I'm not even surprised anymore.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #296
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #297

Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #298
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
lol

love that picture.. never gets old

since im in here.. the GF got a spoiler for her TC finally.. but im scared to drill into the trunk lid to mount it.

do they make templates or if it doesnt cost and arm and a leg, should i just go to the dealer?

edit:

heres the spoiler

Old 08-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #299

Hard to say. I've never had to do it, i've heard some just get stuck on with a high quality double sided tape.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #300
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
when I saw this thread bumped today, I told myself.

"I can't believe that the car has lasted this long."