Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

1986 Honda Prelude 2.0 si Build

Old 05-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Tacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant future

Name: Sarah
Tacomagirl64's Tacoma Gallery
1986 Honda Prelude 2.0 si Build

Not sure how many people are into tuner cars these days, but I thought I would throw it up here if any of you are. I bought this car for $500 from my old boss so that I could learn to drive a manual car. It needed a lot of work, but the engine was perfect and it drove like a dream with only 50,000 original miles on. It had been in a wreck, but it was only body damage. I have had this car since I was 17 and always had the intention of building it the way I wanted to, but up until recently, I have never had the time to be able to do so. Hopefully soon it will be finished, but for now, it has come a long way.

The day I picked it up:

After new quarter pannels and fenders had been installed and the car sanded and semi-primed:

What it looked like the day I picked it up from the paint shop (House of Kolor Razberry II):

I am currently in the process of sanding down the old trim so it can go in for paint and the next step is to order the new suspension and wheels.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
What are you plans for the motor? Or do you have any at all? Not real big on the bumper and side skirts. I'm more of an OEM+ kinda guy. But having a handfull of boosted Hondas I must know your intentions.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Tacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant future

I got the body kit when I first got the car and didn't have it installed until recently. Im not a huge fan of it now but it is growing on me. As far as the motor goes, my plan is to do a swap and drop an h22 in it.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I love those older 'ludes! Nice to see someone taking the time to actually rebuild one. I agree with Blueitrgsr...not too big a fan of the body kit (to each her own though!), but that colour is awesome. An h22 in there is gonna be tasty!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
I love those older 'ludes! Nice to see someone taking the time to actually rebuild one. I agree with Blueitrgsr...not too big a fan of the body kit (to each her own though!), but that colour is awesome. An h22 in there is gonna be tasty!
I am really looking forward to getting that h22. I am in the process of looking for one that I can completely rebuild and then I will have to sand the engine bay and make new mounting holes for the motor mounts, but I think it will be well worth it once it is finished.

The body kit was only put on because I paid so much for it about 8 or 9 years ago and I still had it. Also, the stock bumpers are really hard to find, not to mention loads of other parts are impossible to find too. If I ever come across some stock bumpers I plan to buy them and get them painted to match so that I can see which I like the best. I think the kit will look much better once the lowering kit and bigger wheels are on, I just have to wait and see. I plan on going all black on the wheels and the trim...no chrome anywhere, and up next is a dual exhaust.