Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My TRD Supercharged FJ Cruiser Build

Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogoat324 View Post
I don't want a CAI Only because the issues ive read on FJ forums with it being completely sealed when you mate it to the snorkel. As far as fuel delivery goes I have thought about a High pressure fuel pump but haven't got that far as to look into it yet. But eventually I will throw on some headers and get the URD pulley and get a custom tune indeed. I've heard the provides some pretty good results. I haven't looked to far into the URD s/c but I do like the torque curve on the roots supercharger over a usual centrifugal supercharger that URD uses but I haven't actually looked at there dyno graphs on power and tq delivery.

Thank you guys for the kind words!
Oh yeah, you have a snorkel so I suppose your stuck with that, that will limit some of your HP.

Headers and the URD pulley is a good start, you'll definitely feel a difference with those two mods. With those two mods look into URD's fuel pump upgrade, alot of the people go with the walbro since its enough to get by.

If you like the torque from the TRD Unit then stay with TRD since URD won't make that kind of torque right off the bat lol
Old 05-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #22
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
If you need a URD Fuel pump kit, I do have one for sale
Old 05-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #23
turbogoat324 will become famous soon enoughturbogoat324 will become famous soon enough
turbogoat324's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
Oh yeah, you have a snorkel so I suppose your stuck with that, that will limit some of your HP.

Headers and the URD pulley is a good start, you'll definitely feel a difference with those two mods. With those two mods look into URD's fuel pump upgrade, alot of the people go with the walbro since its enough to get by.

If you like the torque from the TRD Unit then stay with TRD since URD won't make that kind of torque right off the bat lol
Yeah I have run a walbro in all my Subaru's I built and I have never had a complaint about them but I'll look into the URD one as I have heard there products are great quality.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
turbogoat324 will become famous soon enoughturbogoat324 will become famous soon enough
turbogoat324's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
If you need a URD Fuel pump kit, I do have one for sale
What?? WHy must you tempt me. I may take that off your hands.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Sick build. Your FJ looks oddly familiar.