LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My TRD Supercharged FJ Cruiser Build

Old 05-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
turbogoat324 will become famous soon enoughturbogoat324 will become famous soon enough
turbogoat324's Tacoma Gallery
6 speed TRD Supercharged FJ Cruiser Build

I have been a member of Tacoma world for a while but I traded my 2007 Tacoma Regular cab 2WD in about a year and a half ago for a 2008 6 speed FJ cruiser and I have spent the last year and a half building it up a little and my friend stup1dhurts convinced me to make a build thread on here.

This was a few days after I bought the FJ.

Then Came an ARB Steel roof rack with mesh floor

A few weeks later I these guys came along with King Coilovers and King shocks for the rear with some ALL-Pro Rear springs thanks to Downsouth motorsports whom I must say is the only company I will be dealing with again. They have extremely good prices and really fast shipping and are just downright nice people!

Old 05-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
So the title seems misleading right now lol, you plan on supercharging your FJ?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
turbogoat324 will become famous soon enoughturbogoat324 will become famous soon enough

Next I picked up a set of 5 16x8+0 Weds Hase Spec's from FNWHEELS and Some 285/75/16 BFG All-Terrains

Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
So the title seems misleading right now lol, you plan on supercharging your FJ?
Wow you responded fast! HaHa I am still uploading the rest haha
Old 05-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Few weeks later I came home to this TRD Supercharger and a few other goodies!

Next came an ARB Bumper with a warn winch. Thanks to my friends Tarek and Steven (stup1dhurts) for helping me lift that behemoth of a bumper onto the support.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
The tires getting installed

After everything was on pretty much and the snorkel added!

Nothing special done to the interior

Just a quick shot of my camping setup.

And just a random shot I got of me and Steven (stup1dhurts) painting his uppers and lowers. If you haven't checked out his build you need to because his truck is stunning!

I'll update soon as there is more to come...
Old 05-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogoat324 View Post
Wow you responded fast! HaHa I am still uploading the rest haha
Haha I see now, so you are supercharged. Nice build so far after the rest of the mods you uploaded
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
Quote:
Haha I see now, so you are supercharged. Nice build so far after the rest of the mods you uploaded
Yeah I am supercharged. HaHa thank you!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Damn nice FJ.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
MikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Mike
MikeMH's Tacoma Gallery
Sick man.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
Thank you guys!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I bet this thing is a beast supercharged! My mom's stock FJ is pretty powerful as it is!
It is nice having the extra power but it would be even better if it didn't have all the extra weight from the tires, bumper, and roof rack.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #14
Get Boosted

Quote:
It is nice having the extra power but it would be even better if it didn't have all the extra weight from the tires, bumper, and roof rack.
Ever thought about putting more power in the engine because of the extra weight?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
Quote:
Ever thought about putting more power in the engine because of the extra weight?
I will probably do a re-gear soon, but other than that i would kill for the urd supercharger but still have quite a bit of warranty left so I don't want to take a chance. What else where you thinking of? Now you have my interest! HaHa
Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
Oh by the way TT4ever your truck is really nicely built!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good mang!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
Get Boosted

Quote:
I will probably do a re-gear soon, but other than that i would kill for the urd supercharger but still have quite a bit of warranty left so I don't want to take a chance. What else where you thinking of? Now you have my interest! HaHa
Well there's a lot of options you can go for, if you wanna wait till you can get URD's s/c then I'd go that route simply because its proven to make more power then the TRD unit.

If your staying with the TRD unit there's and whole bunch of add on's you can get. Better flowing intake, full exhaust and smaller pulley. Once you've had enough with the bolt on's you can URD's UCON or some kind of tuning software for a tune for more power.

But there's always more then just the add on's, you've gotta look at your fuel delivery so an upgraded fuel pump is a must

Just ask yourself what kind of budget are you on? lol

Quote:
Oh by the way TT4ever your truck is really nicely built!
Thank you!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
I don't want a CAI Only because the issues ive read on FJ forums with it being completely sealed when you mate it to the snorkel. As far as fuel delivery goes I have thought about a High pressure fuel pump but haven't got that far as to look into it yet. But eventually I will throw on some headers and get the URD pulley and get a custom tune indeed. I've heard the provides some pretty good results. I haven't looked to far into the URD s/c but I do like the torque curve on the roots supercharger over a usual centrifugal supercharger that URD uses but I haven't actually looked at there dyno graphs on power and tq delivery.

Thank you guys for the kind words!