Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Alove0750's Project "Mini-Me" Build

Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Alove0750's Project "Mini-Me" Build

My first vehicle was an 01 Tacoma Prerunner. It has been a great little truck that has served it's purpose, and then some. It started life out as a bone stock truck and has since turned into a 4x4/SAS/DD/Camping rig that has never let me down.

I have been wanting to get a beater that I could drive around town and keep miles off the Tacoma, while still being able to wheel a little harder and still have something to drive. So after about two days of looking, I stumbled onto this jewel.

It's a 1991 Pickup with a 22re/5 speed. She's got P/S, A/C and an almost perfect interior. The motor has 217,xxx on the OD, but the top end was re-built 25k ago. I'm wanting to eventually turn it into a mini-version of my Tacoma. I think I am going to get it bedlinered the same color as the Tacoma with some minor armor (bumpers/sliders/skid).

Suspension wise I want to keep her as low as possible. I would like to keep it on 33's, maybe 35's later down the road.

The total build is as planned:

Suspension:
Trail-Gear SAS kit with 3in springs
Chevy 63's with Bilstein's

Gears/Axle:
85 Toyota Pickup housing
4.88's in the axles (GrizzLock rear/Spartan front lockers with tripple-drilled flanges)
Dirty 30 shafts
Trunion Bearing Eliminators
4.7's in the case with triple-drilled flanges

Tires:
Will be last on the list... I would like to eventually do 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs. I had them on the Tacoma for a while and they were great!

Armor:
Hybrid front bumper
High clearance rear bumper
Sliders/Skids

Lighting:
HID conversion for the head lights
LED conversion for the rest of the truck
LED rock lights
(possibly Rigids in the front bumper )

Body:
Speed-liner - Same silver color code as the Tacoma
Still trying to decide on what emblems to put on while the liner is still soft?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
What you think about bobbing the bed?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I don't know, I'm still undecided... I want to keep the bed, but a would love to have a nice tube bed/partial cage
Old 06-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
With that mod list it's going to wheel better than your Tacoma. I know you have a killer Taco but I had a '93 reg cab with a similar setup and it was the best wheeling truck I've had.

Mine had 4.88's, SAS, 5" springs, 35s, ARB's, dual Marlins with 4.7s in the rear case and custom armor.

Just my opinion but you're going to end up with two very similar trucks are redundant. Why not leave the '91 IFS and set it up for more overland type wheeling and keep the Tacoma for rockcrawling? That would give you a purpose built rig for each type of wheeling.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should leave this one ifs, if your only going to run dirty3's then the ifs will be fine. Could even do a lt kit
Old 01-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Why havent I seen this build yet?!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #8
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
X2, moar pictars
are you running at big creek near uwharrie feb 15?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
Looks like I will be takinh Box Rocket's advice and turning the Tacoma into a play toy/crawler. I messed up and crunch the passenger beside the other weekend. It will be a little while, but Im going to end up putting a flatbed on the Tacoma, doing a ifs lift on the blue truck and probably putting the wheels and tires off the Tacoma on it. Just going to take a little time.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #11
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
adam do you have a build thread for '93?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
I haven't had a 93? My 91 has been put on the back burner for now. I will probably end up doing a mild lift and just turn it to a DD/Camping setup.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #14
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha sorry alove I meant Adam box rocket didn't know your names Adam as well.. Haha
Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #15
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
adam do you have a build thread for '93?
I never really put a build thread together for that truck. If there is specific information I can give you, PM me and I'm sure I can get it to you.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #16
Dwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post

Can you tell/show me how you have that air tank mounted in the bed?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Same way I have all my tanks mounted in my trucks. Used a big fire extinguisher bracket.