Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

1970 Scout 800 Build/Rehab

Old 06-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Steve
EasyDoesIt's Tacoma Gallery
1970 Scout 800 Build/Rehab

I picked up a 1970 Scout 800A a couple weeks ago and will be fixing, improving, and rehabing it over the next year or so.

It has a 304 V8 with a 3spd auto. I'm not sure what axles it has but I believe its a front D30 and rear D44. The paint is great and rust is impossible to find. The hardtop will need to be repaired/repainted, seats recovered, and misc trim peices replaced but over all its in great condition.

Its in California now but I'll be moving to Vegas in August and will drive it from cali to vegas later in the month.

Besides the brakes its in great running condition.

[IMG] IMG_1633 by EasyDoesIt18, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] IMG_1641 by EasyDoesIt18, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] IMG_1631 by EasyDoesIt18, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
M202Flash is on a distinguished road

M202Flash's Tacoma Gallery
What a great find, I love the old Scouts.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
very nice scout
Old 06-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys. The thing that is killing me is I wont really be able to drive it until late August!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Love it.

I had a '79 Scout II. Rust was very easy to find.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
Not Mine
1/10/14 Update.

June 2013
-Tailgate w/paint
-CJ5 Master Cylinder
-Speed Bleeders (make life so easy)

July 2013
-Rear Seat
-Body Mounts & Shims
-Transfer/Trans Mounts
-Glove Box and Pushbutton

August 2013
-Door Hinges
-Factory Steering Wheel
-Ash Tray
-Factory Tail Lights (ditched the shit trailer lights)

September 2013
-Couple new dash knobs
-U-Joints

October 2013
-Rear Pinon Seal/Gasket & Oil
-Duraspark Distributer Conversion w/HO Coil
-Holley 2 Barrel Carb
-Plugs & Wires
-Lifted Driver seat a couple inches

November 2013
-16" Pro Comp Aluminium Wheels
-Old Taco tires - 265/70 R16

December 2013
-New Battery compliments of the taco.

January 2014
-EZ Wiring Harness
-Battery Disco
-120A Alternator
-Tuffy Stereo Console
-Powder Coated tire carrier (Thanks MCM)

I'll be installing the wiring harness this weekend with the help of my brother...should be fun. I rewired an old CJ7 so it shouldnt be much different.

This stuff is a labor of love. Ha

Enjoy the pics.

[IMG]
Untitled by EasyDoesIt18, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
IMG_7412 by EasyDoesIt18, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
IMG950868 by EasyDoesIt18, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #7
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
great looking 800! I've got a 72 Scout II I'm building up right now
Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Not Mine
Thanks guys. Its a work in progress. This rewire is kicking my ass, should have taken 20-30 hours total is going to end up taking 40-50 hours! The goal is to have it back on the road this weekend before the inlaws show up.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! I think I like the old rims better though. Lol
Old 02-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Way cool! A real good friend of mine has a 72 scout. That thing wheels like crazy, but doesnt look near as good as yours!