greatwhitenorth is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
greatwhitenorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
U dumb. I sent the last text, you should respond to me
I was sleeping! Lol I don't see you waking up at 05:00 haha
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #42
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitenorth View Post
Financially I'm too far into the truck to back out. Lol

Tonight I found even more to be concerned of. Looks like the dimmer switch started frying the wiring. Which would explain the make shift light board this g guy made. So I'll be tearing into the harness and making all repairs as needed.

Got word on my cab last night as well... basically my cab is pooched. Though with aprox 2500 Canadian I can purchase a new cab... steel floor, fiberglass cab, then fiberglass front fenders. The trucks gonna be so dam light lol plus extra for the roll cage. I'm sorry but it's gonna be caged if I'm running fiberglass
i would either find a new old cab, or get a floor pan from a 84-88, with a little modding the next generation floor plan will work i have one for my 79 im going to build.

i would also bet you wont save much if any weight with a glass cab. the steel cab only weighs a few hundred pounds to begin with and the steel fenders are lighter than any of the glass ones i have seen, at least the ones that arent going to crack in the wind.

the floor pan is close if you like i can measure the pan i have sitting aside for the 79 and take a pic, i wont have a chance to measure the 79 or 81, also if you go that route you can use the later transmission (a few inches longer) and not have to do much with your shifter holes. if you werent in another country i would gladly help you myself

another option for you since your pan is shit now, you could do a drivetrain lift and then you wont have to stress over cutting a good pan

man an internal cage on a 79-83 doesnt leave much room (i am 6' 1" 215 lbs)
Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #44
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...kup-build.html

also this thread, 15 ish pictures down, those raggety a$$ grey and black seats are factory buckets for a 79-83. they are decently comfortable but they are a little high and squishy.. best seats for a 79-83 if you want buckets are 84-88 sr5 or turbo seats, the 89-95 style are similar comfort wise but they hit the bump in your cab right below the back window and you lose a little room.. 84-88 sr5 and turbo seats are maybe 2 inches shorter righ there and still hit but have a little more room

i have a bench from a 2wd sr5 ex cab in mine (non 60/40 one piece bottom 2 piece top with folding center) because sometimes the GF rides in the middle.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #45
ya i work the cocanut bra like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
i would either find a new old cab, or get a floor pan from a 84-88, with a little modding the next generation floor plan will work i have one for my 79 im going to build.

i would also bet you wont save much if any weight with a glass cab. the steel cab only weighs a few hundred pounds to begin with and the steel fenders are lighter than any of the glass ones i have seen, at least the ones that arent going to crack in the wind.

the floor pan is close if you like i can measure the pan i have sitting aside for the 79 and take a pic, i wont have a chance to measure the 79 or 81, also if you go that route you can use the later transmission (a few inches longer) and not have to do much with your shifter holes. if you werent in another country i would gladly help you myself

another option for you since your pan is shit now, you could do a drivetrain lift and then you wont have to stress over cutting a good pan

man an internal cage on a 79-83 doesnt leave much room (i am 6' 1" 215 lbs)
my issue with fixing the current cab is i don't have the room here to do it. or the skills to weld. i can weld but its no beautiful. lol Ive gotten the OK to use my shop to work on it, but its not to be stored there. were not an "automotive shop" were a service shop for the oil patch... lol

All i know is i have to get a bunch of work done on the truck before the snow falls or im gonna be slowed down on working.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 86 and loved it, but always have liked the earlier trucks. Hope you get it finished and have some fun with it.

Putting time and money into something with that much rust is a foreign thing to me, living where I do. They don't look like that in California unless they spend every weekend on the beach. I suppose up north anything that old is going to be rusty. Much respect for taking that project on.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #47

Cool

some progress has been made.

sent the truck in for repairs on the frame.

pulled her to the shop and started other frame related items

found my electrical issues...

and some more parts came in today

right now the wiring harness is with a friend getting rewired and updated.
ill be ordering more parts in time

i picked up a W56, new booster and slightly bigger master for the brakes as well
Old 12-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #48
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
I hate your harness hahahaha
Old 12-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #49

joe. im in discussion with work right now. once i get the rest of my parts im gonna bring the tool box, all the parts, the truck. depending when it is wanna come to town and help? i might need your advise with floor patching.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #51
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Yah I should be able to spare some time in feb ....
Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #52

im working on it mark. and bloody hell text me or snap chat me back dude haha
Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #53
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitenorth View Post
im working on it mark. and bloody hell text me or snap chat me back dude haha

Who me?? I don't have snapchat lol
Old 12-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #54

no ginger boy. lol
Old 12-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #56

lol well fuck atleast text me back haha
Old 01-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #57

well ordered a bunch of parts over the last couple days.
cap
rotor
wires
weber carb
alternator bracket for gm alternator upgrade
rad hoses
rear locker
front and rear gears(4.88)
master install kit for gears

all thats left to order
hi steer
ifs steering box
ifs steering box braket
master seal kit
63 chevy brakets
63 chevy springs
front lift
body lift
wiring harness(bulhas is on that)
gauges
tires
sliders
flat bed
fenders
cab floor
lights
and a few other misc items
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #58
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
body lift?? why??
Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #59

1 inch joe. and dont lecture. you did one as well
Old 01-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #60
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
yah I just dont see the need in your truck