1992 SR5 pickup, extended cab, 3VZ-E v6, manual, 4x4.
Most recent photo:
The very beginning: My parents purchased this truck new back in 1992 just before I was born. Here I am as a baby in front of the truck back in 1992, a month after the truck was purchased and less than a month after I was born:
The first addition was the Gemtop workmaster camper shell, added in 1993 or 94. After that, the only things that my parents did were replacing parts and tires. This is one of the first photos of the shell back in 95.
My mom used it as a daily driver until 2007 when she purchased a 2007 DCSB speedway blue tacoma (Pictured above). I began to drive it in 2009 once I began learning to drive and have been driving it as a daily driver since then. In high school I was introduced to 4 Wheel Drive Toyota Owner Magazine and started itching for modifications. In college I began adding things and then Logcabinwc introduced me to tacomaworld and things really started moving.
The modifications/additions so far:
- 31"x10.5"x15 BFG all-terrain tires
- ARB deluxe bumper
- Smittybuilt XRC8 8000lb winch
- 3/8" x 85' Amsteel Blue synthetic winch line
- Hi-Lift jack and various accessories
- B.A.M.F 79" kickout sliders - legs specially sized to my frame
- Uniden PRO 510XL CB radio mounted in the ashtray location
- Wilson 1000 antenna magnet mount to the roof
- Superstrut Channeling as bed side channels for Hi-Lift mount
- Front and rear differential breather extensions. Front extended up into the engine compartment and rear extended into the bed near the top of the bed sides
- Old Man Emu suspension:
-OME N98 shocks up front
-1.5" Ball Joint Spacers
-Medium duty Dakar springs (CS019R)
-OME N94 shocks in the rear
-OMESD33 steering stabilizer
-1" sway bar and front differential drop
To do/Want list:
- Stainless steel extended brake lines - mmmm maybe I don't need them...
- Adjust torsion bars up front and maybe swap them out for the OME torsion bars - check for now. I loosened them a few turns and I'm happy with it right now, but we'll see how it goes.
- Rear ARB locker
- 32" tires, maybe 33"s, probably 32s
- Safari Snorkel
- Rear bumper armor
- Maybe skids
Places this truck has been:
- Coyote Canyon (when I was like 1.5 years old...so I don't remember. I wanna take it back there so badly, though)
- Valley of the Moon/Elliot Mine trail and surrounding trails many times, I've been on these trails more than any other trail.
- Diablo drop-off and accompanying wash roads
- Canyon sin Nombre
- Sandstone Canyon
- Espinosa Trail out by Corral Canyon OHV area
- Carveacre Trail/Pancake Rock (Haven't gone up the pancake yet, though)
- Countless fire roads and access roads only permitted for work doing biological field surveys
- Slickrock Trail
- Eagle Lakes Trail
- Knoxville OHV area
- Fire roads in Deschutes and Willamette National Forests, OR
- Schnebly hill and Oak Creek Homestead trails in Sedona, AZ
And that's all for now, I'll add pictures as I go through them. Most will be from wheeling, I think.