LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Project Slide2Unlock!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Weren't you selling this a week ago?
Buyer backed out, i took it for a spin, fell in love all over again and hated myself for ever considering selling it, worked hard, came into some spare change and now getting it ready for Tx2K14.

Goal is to have it boosted and running within 2 months.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Krysstoffurr is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Krysstoffurr's Tacoma Gallery
I love your z! My first car was my 77 280z, and I still love it to this day!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #23
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

My only requirement for the turbo setup (both I6 and V8) is that you dump the waste gate in front of the front tires
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

or just do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-xUGDLC2E
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Nice!

My only requirement for the turbo setup (both I6 and V8) is that you dump the waste gate in front of the front tires
No lie, since the car is a 260z and not really a "pure" Z, i was gonna cut a hole in the hood and have the wastegate and BOV dump through the hood.

Car is also getting plastidipped flat black (because budget racecar ) and getting either red or chrome rims.
Red will look more street/drifter while chrome will look fancy.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysstoffurr View Post
I love your z! My first car was my 77 280z, and I still love it to this day!
Wow shes a beaut! Im glad mine doesnt look that good cause id feel bad for rippin on her so much

Any mods on the ole lady?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #27

Quote:

Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #28
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
No lie, since the car is a 260z and not really a "pure" Z, i was gonna cut a hole in the hood and have the wastegate and BOV dump through the hood.

Car is also getting plastidipped flat black (because budget racecar ) and getting either red or chrome rims.
Red will look more street/drifter while chrome will look fancy.
Chrome all the way, gotta have SOME class.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
DerpWerx Fab

If anyone has converted their Z from distributor to EDIS pleeeease point me in the right direction. Theres almost too much information on hybridZ.

This is literally the last thing i need to plan out and its making my head hurt
Old 07-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #30
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Chrome all the way, gotta have SOME class.
Ive always loved the way chrome wheels look on an all blacked out car.

Car will also be gettin 5% tint all around and tinted headlight covers also.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #31
DerpWerx Fab

Keeping this hear incase i ever wanna read it from my phone
http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/3851...-up-etc/page-5
Old 07-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Wow shes a beaut! Im glad mine doesnt look that good cause id feel bad for rippin on her so much

Any mods on the ole lady?
Haha thanks I haven't really done much, new exhaust headers back, cold air intake, new stereo, and the guy who owned it before me lowered it about an inch. I kinda wish I wasn't so protective of it, I've owned it for about 9 years and its only been rained on twice lol
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #33
DerpWerx Fab

Wooh got the EDIS figured out
Thanks to good ole HybridZ of course.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/4979...-2#entry436294

Next step = start ordering a shit ton of parts and make this happen.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #34
DerpWerx Fab

More great news = money for build came in today so ordering parts begins
Old 07-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive always loved the way chrome wheels look on an all blacked out car.
I would stay away from chrome.

It looks nice now, but once your rims start peeling and your tires can't hold air, you'll regret it.

And you'll have to replace them.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #36
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Badass.
The old datsuns used to be my fav cars.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #37
DerpWerx Fab

Emailed DIYautotune about my megasquirt setup. If they say everything on my order list is correct and i dont need anything extra, setup will be order tuesday ! So excited that my first turbo build is coming together finally.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #38
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Weren't you selling this a week ago?
Yes it was...

And reading this I can only assume the taco build is back on hold...... at least for a week or two
Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #39
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Yes it was...

And reading this I can only assume the taco build is back on hold...... at least for a week or two
Meh. Alot of people dont wanna go wheeling cause the heat and its racing/car meet season so yea datsun is top priority currently

I HAVE to have it driving and running off a good tune by March. So gonna dedicate the next 2 months to nothing but working, reading, buying, and installing parts.

Another note= use a 240sx throttle body and TPS.

Also will need an adapter flange for externall wastegate with T3/T4 hybrid turbo.

Also need turbo oil pan rather than tapping into stock one so itll have the bung for oil feed and return lines.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #40
braaap

Why not simply weld a bung in your pan? You have access to a TIG?